Random Horn Honks

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geemoney

My horn honks when I turn on the high beams and sometimes when I enter the vehicle and close the door which sometimes surprises anyone when they are nearby. It's embarrassing at times. :oops: What gives?

The honk when the door closes: did you leave your fob in the car? It’s a reminder that you’ve left it.
The honk with your lights: if you pull on the stick, it’s a temporary “flash” to remind others their brights are on, and it honks. If you push the stick, your brights stay on until you pull back.

If you move the stem ( lever) to the forward position, instead of the reverse, the horn will not sound. Sometimes, I forget and do the same thing. Makes me feel stupid. Randy

geemoney said:
My horn honks when I turn on the high beams and sometimes when I enter the vehicle and close the door which sometimes surprises anyone when they are nearby. It's embarrassing at times. :oops: What gives?

If you read the manual, all this is explained (why the horn honks, as well as how you can turn them off).

(search for "horn" or "chirp")

https://my.chevrolet.com/content/dam/gmownercenter/gmna/dynamic/manuals/2015/chevrolet/spark_ev/2k15sparkev2ndPrint.pdf

Back