TPMS Service Light

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foxwerks

Good morning ladies/gents, I have a issue with my TPMS. Usually once in awhile the sensors on the tires wont show the tire pressure, if I drive around it comes back and resets it self. This time though it’s been a couple of days without it resetting it self. Only the rear left tire pressure is showing and the rest unknown. I remember the GM tech using a tool to reset the sensors, I was wondering if this would fix the issue.

I also see a tool on Amazon, would this work? Thanks for the help in advance.

[/https://www.amazon.com/VXDAS-EL-5...rnid=2661617011&rps=1&sprefix=gm+tire+&sr=8-3

The tool is usually just to let the car know which sensor is where. The batteries may be worn out in the sensors.

The tool is a "Relearn Tool" to tell the car system which is which.
I used my cheap amazon tool just yesterday to put my stock wheels with new tires back on the car for the coming snow. :|

You may be experiencing the TPMS sensors at the end of their battery life.
New ones are available on amazon also. That's where I got mine for my summer wheel set.
You don't have to pay tire store prices for new sensors. But you do have to pay their prices to have them installed. ;)
Either way, you should keep this safety system working on the car.

Back