Lock Bug and CEL

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

widgetfidget

Today a weird thing happened with my 2015 Spark. I noticed the check engine light (car with a !) was on, and then when I got out the car would not lock. Neither the lock button on the door or the remote worked. It did, however, work fine when I "unlocked" it and then locked it. I then reproduced this a few times. This makes me think there is some sort of bug with the lock/unlock state. Has anyone else encountered this? I intend to try to hard restart it, but any info/fixes would be appreciated.

widgetfidget said:
Today a weird thing happened with my 2015 Spark. I noticed the check engine light (car with a !) was on, and then when I got out the car would not lock. Neither the lock button on the door or the remote worked. It did, however, work fine when I "unlocked" it and then locked it. I then reproduced this a few times. This makes me think there is some sort of bug with the lock/unlock state. Has anyone else encountered this? I intend to try to hard restart it, but any info/fixes would be appreciated.
You might have a 12 volt AGM car battery that has a problem. Weird things start happening when the 12 volt battery starts going bad. Also, you might also want to replace the battery in the FOB. You can try charging the 12 volt battery but you will need a charger that is specifically designed for 12 volt AGM batteries.

Back