Does the passenger seat fold flat?

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swrobel

So you can put (somewhat) long cargo in it? Thinking about buying one used, but a little concerned about the length of the cargo area.

The front passenger seat folds forward only a little bit. The rear passenger seats fold forward almost flat, but not 100%.

Thanks! Will the front seat fold back as close to 90 as it'll get until it hits the rear seat?

With the rear passenger seat upright, the front passenger seat will recline pretty far until it hits the rear seat, enough to take a nap in the front seat. With the rear passenger seat folded down to make a platform, the front passenger seat will recline not as far, but as far as almost anyone might want riding in the car.

I'm not sure that's clear, but you could ask again if it isn't.

Maybe I should add one more thing. The right and left rear passenger seats fold down independently, so that you can have one, both, or neither folded down to make a platform. And the rear package shelf is removable.

Plus, if it's only once in a while, since it's an EV you can have the back hatch tied down and partially open without worrying about fumes being sucked into the passenger compartment.

I'm thinking that maybe I gave the impression that carrying long cargo in the Spark EV would be no problem. There is no question that the car is very short, and there is going to be some limitation. Without the front passenger seat reclined to a comfortable position, I measure 44 - 45 inches of cargo space behind it. With the front passenger seat flipped up to an uncomfortable 90 degrees or so I think you could get 48 inches in there.

You should definitely look at the car before buying to make sure that it will work for you rather than buying it unseen.

Back