? OnStar overage charge ?

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidM

Just signed up for OnStar WiFi hotspot promo. 3 GB or 3 months whichever comes first.
Nice!
What is the rate if I go over ?
I will probably continue with the Hotspot feature only.

OnStar service ends Dec 31 2020 though.

DavidM said:
Just signed up for OnStar WiFi hotspot promo. 3 GB or 3 months whichever comes first.
Nice!
What is the rate if I go over ?
I will probably continue with the Hotspot feature only.

OnStar service ends Dec 31 2020 though.

It depends on whatever your contract says. (The details are often different, depending on what that week's special was, or how long you ignore them before signing up, or the phases of the moon, or ...)

You're saying the Spark EV's Onstar service offers WIFI hotspot within the car?

That's news to me.

I saw that the Bolt offers it, but never read about it in the Spark EV.

NORTON said:
You're saying the Spark EV's Onstar service offers WIFI hotspot within the car?

That's news to me.

I saw that the Bolt offers it, but never read about it in the Spark EV.

Started with the 2015.

I would recommend you just get the overage protection plan for $25 a month if you are a heavy user. I use my spark as my full time internet at home. Works great cheaper than Comcast

joebigueira said:
I would recommend you just get the overage protection plan for $25 a month if you are a heavy user. I use my spark as my full time internet at home. Works great cheaper than Comcast

What is the throughput using the car as a WiFi hotspot (the upload / download speeds) ?

Sorry its been a while i finally did a speed test and have a total overall speed of 20 mbps with an uploud rate of 7.8 mbps latency unloaded is 36 MS and loaded its at 139 MS for what i use the internet for it works great. Though i am no gamer i can stream on multiple devices

Isn't this dependent on what cell service the car happens to be using at the time?
I doubt the car has set limits to speed of service.

Back