Buying a 2014 Spark EV with 61K miles. DCFC

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NickSP

The readout on the full charge shows 72 miles and 4.6KW.
I don't have the software or the tools to check the SOH etc. But I'm buying it for 6K. It's enough range for my daily commute and I have a slow charging at work. Any input would be appreciated.

NickSP said:
The readout on the full charge shows 72 miles and 4.6KW.
I don't have the software or the tools to check the SOH etc. But I'm buying it for 6K. It's enough range for my daily commute and I have a slow charging at work. Any input would be appreciated.
Sounds like a great deal. I have a 2014 Spark EV w/o the DCFC option, that I purchased used with only 1500 miles on it and it has been trouble free. You can get a reasonable estimate of the HV battery's SOC by using the data on the Energy Information screen in the center display - press the LEAF BUTTON near the bottom right-side of the center display. Reset your trip meter and reset the energy information screen values to zero. Charge the HV battery to 100%. Drive the car in D at a constant speed for about 40 or 50 miles. Do not use AC, heat, lights, etc. and avoid headwinds, tail winds and drive on a level surface. At the end of your trip, go back to the Energy Information screen. Add up the percentages for Drive Climate and Battery. Convert the total to a decimal value and divide the total ENERGY USED (KWh) by the decimal value. This will give you a reasonable estimate of the HV battery capacity in your car.

If you know someone who has a Spark EV and uses TorquePro to measure his or her battery capacity, have them measure your car's HV battery capacity too. It will be a more accurate value.

Thanks for the reply but the seller didn't want to go through all that. I think I'm going to keep looking till I get something in the low 40s mileage.

The bluetooth OBD2 Adapter and program for your phone are a small price to pay to get the accurate battery capacity for each car you look at in a matter of seconds so you can compare them and not have to guess.

I have both of the below adapters (one for each car) and I have Torque Pro ($4.95 Android) and Enginelink ($5.99 iOS) with the Bolt PIDS loaded into both for record keeping.

Android OBD2 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B011NSX27A/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

iOS and Android compatible OBD2 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073XKQQQW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Back