Spark EV vs Leaf

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cwerdna said:
sunny said:
Ive read that possibly BMW will have there CCS stations setup at dealerships where anybody will be able to use them at anytime not just business hours...
Source? They keyword is possibly. Are there any w/that arrangement now?

Crevier BMW in Coasta Mesa seemed to have 24 / 7 access to their SAE combo charger (I showed up after they closed, but it wasn't that late). Also, most of the level two chargers I visited at BMW dealers where available 24/7, I even parked my car in front of one overnight. BMW doesn't seem to put their entire lot on lock down like other dealerships, and the chargers are typically located in the less secure areas.

You definitely want to preheat the Spark in cold temps.
The resistive heater draws 6Kw when fully engaged.
[Consider that this car cruises at 65mph on only 12Kw!]

I've found that the heated seats are more that adequate for outside temps down to 40F.
They draw much less than 500W each.

genosensor said:
I've found that the heated seats are more that adequate for outside temps down to 40F.
They draw much less than 500W each.

I found it surprising that the on state of the seat warmer survives the car being shut down and rebooted. I expected it to time out like a rear window defroster. They do work very well, even through the added seat covers I installed. Of course I'm in SoCal where winter weather is not too harsh at all.

If GM didn't want the Spark EV to leave California they are doing a terrible job of it. Someone else on here got a Spark EV from a Chevy dealership in NY. All I can assume is that some cars were in press fleets around the country because the Spark EV in NY had miles on it, but it was listed as new.

Of the people that had them shipped everyone said they contacted GM and the standard line was, "Any dealership that can service a Volt can service a Spark EV."

The only company I have heard of that refused to repair a compliance car out of state was Toyota. GM is not hostile about EVs like people keep claiming. Just because they don't push EVs yet doesn't mean they aren't supporting them. The Volt at 50 miles is almost as good as an i-MiEV.

That's what was strange. The dealership made the point that it was still eligible for the Federal Tax credit, which couldn't happen if the title had been issued already. Maybe the dealership screwed him. I don't remember reading a follow up. He was on here just to learn more about the car.

It was certainly an outlier, but I think he bought it. As I recall, it was priced in the low $20K range which would have been a poor deal used. Simply checking the VIN would have verified if a title had been issued and when.

Back