Chrome rims ?

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ezryder

I'd like to either replace or chrome the rims,but not sure of the consequences. They don't look all the space-agey aerodynamically designed, or anything like that, but even if they are, I think chroming them would be kinda cool. It's expensive, though, so just replacing them would be easier and cost about the same. I'm in the SF Bay Area and looking for recommendations. Thanks

Have you considered just getting them polished? I believe the wheels are aluminum. Polished aluminum is not as glossy and mirror-like as chrome, but probably cheaper and wouldn't add any material or weight.

SparkMoore said:
Have you considered just getting them polished? I believe the wheels are aluminum. Polished aluminum is not as glossy and mirror-like as chrome, but probably cheaper and wouldn't add any material or weight.
I was thinking of that, but it wasn't clear if I had to keep polishing them all the time or if it's a one-time thing. Do you know?

SparkMoore said:
One time thing, but of course you'll need to keep them clean if you want them to shine.

That is the killer part.
I have friends that had polished chrome on their Motorcycles. They were slaves to the shine.

I on the other hand want to black out anything that it shiny as I do not want to have to clean it all the time. My truck tires are one. I was her, but I do not keep up with the darn rims

If I remember correctly, there was a trick to keeping the shine on the Motorcycles. It was something you put on after you got it just right. Like a polish .
If you google motorcycle chrome and polish I think it will come up

Back