Switching From Celsius to Fahrenheit...

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arktctr

My temperature displays (outside air and AC in particular) always revert back to Celsius when I start the car. I have to select Metric and then US on the instrument cluster to get them to read correctly but then this is lost upon restart of vehicle. Its a weird little glitch but didn't know if anyone else had this issue or perhaps knew what is going on. Thanks in advance!

Another oddity came to light tonight...when I activate the high beams via "flash-to-pass" function the horn goes off at the same time...very weird and feel some kind of electrical glitch is going on here

Arktctr said:
Another oddity came to light tonight...when I activate the high beams via "flash-to-pass" function the horn goes off at the same time...very weird and feel some kind of electrical glitch is going on here

That's a feature, not a bug. You discovered your special pedestrian warning horn.

I just leased a Spark EV and mine is doign the same thing but it changes when I start the car and switch into gear. Did the dealer come up with a fix?

After further investigation into the horn issue (which was bigger in my mind) and realizing that for some reason Chevy designed it to operate that way, the Units issue is something I'm not overly bothered enough by to take it in just for that. Unless I change my mind otherwise I will likely just bring it up at the first service. That said, if you get it checked out before me please post your findings for myself and others to hear. Thanks!

I just leased a spark EV as well and have this exact same issue with the outside temp reading always reverting back to Celsius. So please advise if anyone has found a solution to this. Thanks.

Same issue. Just leased a 2015. Perhaps it's a "feature" to help americans convert to metrics? ;) :lol:

Its definitely a bug that I will bring up the next time I have to go in (regular maintenance or any other medium-serious issue that pops up before then). Its a minor thing but still irritating that it is going on. I have noticed a total of 1 time since I picked it up that the reading was correct without my intervention but then reverted to Celsius again the next time I started up...

Update on this issue for me. I brought in my newly leased Spark EV with this problem to have the rear wiper fixed. I brought this up and they researched it and ended up updating the radio firmware which fixed the problem. So next time you are in for any service, just tell your dealer and they should be able to fix it with an update.

Quaman26 said:
Update on this issue for me. I brought in my newly leased Spark EV with this problem to have the rear wiper fixed. I brought this up and they researched it and ended up updating the radio firmware which fixed the problem. So next time you are in for any service, just tell your dealer and they should be able to fix it with an update.
Thanks for the update! I was hoping it was something simple like this.

Hey guys I'm new here, How did you switch to Fahrenheit once you start the car? I can't even figure that out!

I am in the same boat. I have had my 2015 Spark EV for less than two weeks. I have been through the manual and through every menu I can find and have not been able to find anyplace to change the temperature display to Fahrenheit.
Very frustrating.

StephenVL

2015 2LT with software version 16.26-94511142 and I too have the Celsius bug :/ The dealer so far has no idea on what to do.

I have this problem too, but I just open the windows when I'm hot, and when I'm cold... I never get cold. I also turn the day time lights off as soon as I start the car. I only drive like 10 mile a day, but I still feel like I need to conserve electricity.

My dealer was having the same issue fixing mine, and he was even talking to a GM engineer. How would they not know about this radio update? Any info. on the update # would be helpful.

mczajka said:
My dealer was having the same issue fixing mine, and he was even talking to a GM engineer. How would they not know about this radio update? Any info. on the update # would be helpful.

Yes, please, cite your reference! That would help tremendously!

That's what I found the most useful on mynissanleaf.com; the members were generally on-the-ball when it came to TSBs. I could confidently stroll up to the service counter and tell the service advisor the TSB #. There have been two times when they had no clue and tried to tell me the TSB didn't exist. Had to insist that they look it up.

I know when I was dealing with issues with my Fusion Energi, the TSB's didn't always list every little detail about the things that they were fixing.

Back