Anyone over 6'3" in a Spark EV?

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ezryder

I'm 6'4", medium build, and though I've test driven the car twice, I'm concerned about how comfortable this will be for driving more than my normal half hour commute. Also, if you're tall or wide, I wonder how you feel about the joke of a middle armrest. Has anyone tried modifying that at an upholsterer, for example? Or, like the dealer told me, tried getting an arm rest from the UK, for the left side of the seat, which could then be installed on the passenger seat left side.

I'm a ~34 inseam, and leg room isn't a problem for me. I race with a helmet and head room isn't a problem then either...the Spark is a strangely tall car for how narrow it is. The width is the only thing I could see bothering you if you're a bigger guy, but that's up to how cozy you prefer to be.

For what it's worth, the salesman will let you sit in the car all day. Heck, I bet they would even let you take it for a few hours of test drive if you ask really nicely! :)

Just about every rental car place has gas Sparks. They're horrible cars compared to the Spark EV, but the driving position seems to be identical. You could drive it for a couple of hours, have a simulated charge break (lunch stop) and drive two more hours to get the feel.

Bryce

Yes I am 6'4" about 190lbs and mostly in my legs which are 36"inseam so I am tall but not husky... I have had the SparkEV for three months now and log about 45-65 miles daily in LA traffic.. I am perfectly comfortable in the sitting position with seat all of the way back of course and even find myself putting the seat height up just an inch or so from dead bottom position... The arm rest deal is not so bad and actually pretty comfortable even though my elbow has already set a nice dent in it.. The main problem is that the arm rest on the door is made of hard plastic which is uncomfortable and being that my seat is positioned pretty low there is a arm height difference between the left and the right which can be bothersome after a while.. If the left side had some sort of cushioning on it this height difference would not be such an annoyance.... All in all this car is pretty comfy and a lot of fun to drive...

Excellent! That's good news. I didn't notice a difference in height between left and right arm rests, but I'll check that out. Perhaps if you could extend your right elbow out further - which would be more natural - then it would sit a little lower and even with the left. If I buy this car, I am absolutely going to either modify the current right armrest to make it wider AND longer (forward), or at least try to get a left-sided one from the UK to install on the passenger seat.

I'm 6' 1'' and find my Spark to have more headroom than my 2005 Malibu LT! I can leave my Greg Norman hat on when I drive. And, it's easier to get in an out.

Yeah, I test drove the EV a few times and found it had plenty of headroom, though the legroom was a little short. Livable, though. If ONLY this car had a longer range. I may have to wait for the Bolt - and hope I fit in it. Looks like I will, if they don't veer from the concept car too much. I know I don't fit in the Volt very well - the door jam is my view looking left. I'd have to lean forward to look out the window. Deal breaker for me. Though most cars are like this for me. The Spark EV is OK, there, though. not perfect, but not bad. I actually ordered one, but may not take delivery of it. Trying to find just the right place to live that's halfway between two places I need to go to a lot, so I don't have to worry about recharging anywhere but at home. There seems to be very few SAE fast chargers in the SF Bay Area. I worry about wait times at them, too.

I am 6-2, 250 lbs with a 33 inch inseam. I have no complaints. I do recommend a lumbar pillow or similar device for long trips. the seating position is not the most ergonomic for someone with a larger frame.

Back