Regional Lease Special Ends (kinda)

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KoreanMuscle

Here in Sacramento the 0 down 139 a month lease offer has expired. This included a total of 7100 dollars in GM rebates to subsidize the lease. With 36 month residuals sitting around 14k for a 1lt with quick charge provisions, every bit helps. Oddly enough, some dealerships are offering 0 percent financing to purchase 2015 Spark EVs. Don't let this information discourage you from leasing, it just requires a bit of footwork and negotiating.

how much is the current manufacturer rebate and residual percentage on a 10k lease?

KoreanMuscle said:
Here in Sacramento the 0 down 139 a month lease offer has expired. This included a total of 7100 dollars in GM rebates to subsidize the lease. With 36 month residuals sitting around 14k for a 1lt with quick charge provisions, every bit helps. Oddly enough, some dealerships are offering 0 percent financing to purchase 2015 Spark EVs. Don't let this information discourage you from leasing, it just requires a bit of footwork and negotiating.

KoreanMuscle said:
That's $7100 out of $7500 they get from the Feds.

All GM did to juice sales was permanently lower the starting price to $26K and advertise the lease deal.

The only other cash GM threw on top was $1,000 bonus cash that applied to all GM vehicles for the month. Nothing special to get the surge in sales.

Edit: The "bonus cash" increased in other markets to bring the price down to $15K, but buyers had to qualify with good credit.

I have not seen any posting of a Lease done on in May.
Most likely no good deals to be had now.

KingUltra said:
I have not seen any posting of a Lease done on in May.
Most likely no good deals to be had now.

for purchases, the May special is $3500 rebate and 72 month financing at 0% (with 18% down) in Oregon. Lease deal is $139/month for 39 months with $0 down in California and Oregon.

You can look these up at any time on the Chevy web site.

Gm has been playing with the residuals and the rebates. The money not seen in rebates may go into the back end to boost the residual values to make smaller monthly payments. There really hasn't been a better time to lease one of these. My contact at the California ARB says that the rebates will be going away soon due to the fund being depleted much sooner than expected.

san diego dealer ship was Jimmie Johnson, I got this deal on April 29th. Spark 2 lt 12k miles per yr $2500 down $74.98 per month Including tax and lic. The $2500 will be refunded back by the state in a couple of months making the cost simply $75 per month for 39 months. I think I scored a good deal but more importantly I really like the car.

In Maryland, I feel like the $139/0 lease is a "bait and switch" deal. This is what one dealer offered me for a 1LT with quick charge in MD, and these numbers came from GM leasing:

For me, these are "wait and see" numbers, and not "lets move these things" numbers. I thought these cars might fly out of the lots, but given the fact if you purchased one, and you had to wait until next year to get your $7500 back, I'm not really sure now. I personally want to lease because of better things to come in a few years.

The lease for the 5 door with extended range charge, 1 LT is as follows:

39 months with 10,000 miles / yr.: 176.28/ x 39 months
msrp: 26,745
lease cash: 7025
residual; 52% : 13,907
down payment ; 2622.14
total of : 2798 due at signing.
acquisition fee 595
no security deposit
Md will refund the tax money of $1622.64.

mczajka said:
In Maryland, I feel like the $139/0 lease is a "bait and switch" deal. This is what one dealer offered me for a 1LT with quick charge in MD, and these numbers came from GM leasing:

For me, these are "wait and see" numbers, and not "lets move these things" numbers. I thought these cars might fly out of the lots, but given the fact if you purchased one, and you had to wait until next year to get your $7500 back, I'm not really sure now. I personally want to lease because of better things to come in a few years.

The lease for the 5 door with extended range charge, 1 LT is as follows:

39 months with 10,000 miles / yr.: 176.28/ x 39 months
msrp: 26,745
lease cash: 7025
residual; 52% : 13,907
down payment ; 2622.14
total of : 2798 due at signing.
acquisition fee 595
no security deposit
Md will refund the tax money of $1622.64.

"bait and switch" are ugly words. Did someone offer you $139/0 and then pull that off the table? Or are you saying that you want the California lease deal and are sore because it's not available?

nikwax said:
"bait and switch" are ugly words. Did someone offer you $139/0 and then pull that off the table? Or are you saying that you want the California lease deal and are sore because it's not available?

No, I was just a little sore that when you introduce a $750 fast charge capability in the mix, any deal falls apart. Ok, I'll retract those words if the offend anyone, I apologize, but the fact of the matter is GM can advertise an attractive offer, but the dealers don't have to honor the offer, especially in a new market where they want to determine how sales will be first.

Frankly, even with the base of the base model, it will be interesting to see any dealer in MD offer $139/0.

paco4prez said:
san diego dealer ship was Jimmie Johnson, I got this deal on April 29th. Spark 2 lt 12k miles per yr $2500 down $74.98 per month Including tax and lic. The $2500 will be refunded back by the state in a couple of months making the cost simply $75 per month for 39 months. I think I scored a good deal but more importantly I really like the car.

Is that a 2LT with Fast Charge? Was it the lime or red spark?

I think you did better than me - same dealer, 1LT with FC, 10K miles. $1K down + $126/mo x36 inc. tax

Only regret is I wish I had gotten more miles.

mczajka said:
nikwax said:

No, I was just a little sore that when you introduce a $750 fast charge capability in the mix, any deal falls apart. Ok, I'll retract those words if the offend anyone, I apologize, but the fact of the matter is GM can advertise an attractive offer, but the dealers don't have to honor the offer, especially in a new market where they want to determine how sales will be first.

Frankly, even with the base of the base model, it will be interesting to see any dealer in MD offer $139/0.

Same here. I saw an ad for the $139/0 down for 39 months lease, called the dealer and confirmed the deal is still on for the 1LT model.
Drove 30miles to the dealer and told them I wanted to add the $750 fast charge option and extend the mileage option to 12k/year
with 36 month lease. From my mind I thought I would pay around $160/month based on the advertised lease deal.

Nope. The sale man came back with the quote of $252/$0 down for 36 months lease.
Not sure where is the $92/month difference came from. The ad did mentioned tax, title, license, dealer fees and
optional equipment extra. I asked the sale guy and he said he included the FC option plus tax, license, fees etc...
I didn't go for the deal.

I've never lease a vehicle before so can some one explain how's the dealer came up with that number?
It could be a reasonable number or the dealer may try to rip me off. I don't mind paying but only if the amount they asked
is reasonable. After all, dealers need to make a profit too.

You're definitely getting some good deals on the west coast, probably because of additional state incentives.

Even after all my complaining and wining I pulled the trigger and got a lease on a Silver 1LT with DC fast today. It's a really nice ride and surprisingly roomy inside (I'm 6'4"). I had $733 in GM credits on my GM card which they took. Whooo hooo!!! That helped my decision a lot, plus the fact they are adding an SAE combo compatible station sort of between my house and where I work, which is only a 23 mile commute each way to DC, but it's nice to have a backup in case of those "what if" scenarios.

We were looking at all 1LT and 2LT models on their system being ordered for MD dealers, and I must say I didn't see a single car without the fast charging capability. I wish they would pull those $139/0 banner ads down.

Ahh, what the hell. Let's look at it one more time.

may-content-well-2015-spark-ev.jpg

I see your point. So the 0/139 deal is being advertised in Maryland, but the dealers won't honor that? Or is that only on the base model?

It's interesting how each state varies. Looks like California has great deals. Oregon has good deals but no cars available. Sounds like a seller's market in Maryland, at least at the moment.

FWIW, I ordered a car last weekend, I'm quoted 8-12 weeks before I see it. At least I have a written deal.

I've yet to see a 2015 model without fast charge, so I don't know if any of them would honor it. It does say in the fine print that dealers can vary on price.

I hate fine print :x

GM is offering $3500 and 0%/72 month financing now on the Spark. But there aren't any in the state. And the dealer won't commit to what will be offered when I take delivery. Which makes sense as GM is offering the incentives.

But I don't get the lease deal. They advertise a lease deal, you go in to get that deal, and they won't honor it? Blergh.

The car is in such a short supply, even here in California.
We Leased them all last month :D , so cheap that you guys in MD will cry :lol: ..

Even here, most cars are 2LT with DCFC. I saw a few 1LTs, and even less without the DCFC.
So GM's AD of $139 a month for their basic model is just as bad as Dealer advertising for a low price, and only 1 at that price.

I suppose the mere presence of the EV's isn't going to make the dealers any more ethical :)

My dealer ordered half 1LT with no DCFC and half 2LT with DCFC. And most of those are pre-sold.

I think someone is in a room in a high tower looking down at all of this to prepare for the Bolt. Perhaps they will reduce supply initially to make it hard to get, so they can sell it at a premium.

Back