Next batch of Sparks?

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
According to insideevs, there were 226 sales/lease in June so there are some cars out there. Most likely offered to those who are paying the higher price now.
They quote:
"We don’t expect to see any new inventory of the plug-in Spark until September at the earliest, so one can consider future low summer sales to be a result of the car’s own success. Heading into July, just ~100 Spark EVs remaining unclaimed in inventory."

I ordered my car just prior to you at wentworth.

My salesman just checked and mine is listed as about to arrive in port. He said it is coming into Vancouver.

I think yours is in the same shipment so we shouldnt have too much longer to wait. A couple of weeks at the outside. He said as soon as it lands he will have Vin and exact delivery date.1

Jeff

Thanks Jeff.

I'm disappointed that Chevy doesn't have the $3500 cash back offer going anymore. I guess that goes with increased sales. They do have a 2.9% finance deal, but that's not all that hot of an offer.

Not seeing that here:

http://www.wentworthchevrolet.com/portland-chevy-spark-special-discount-offers-oregon?siteMapItemName=2040801431114455181

or elsewhere on their site...do you have a URL handy?

Found this on Edmunds:

http://www.edmunds.com/chevrolet/spark-ev/2015/car-incentives.html

Dealer participation may vary.
Customer Bonus Cash is available towards retail purchases. Cannot be used towards leasing.
Bonus $ Offer Type Start End
$3,500 Bonus Cash 07/01/2015 08/31/2015

Financing deals:

Special APR Month Term Start End
2.9% 12 07/01/2015 08/31/2015
2.9% 36 07/01/2015 08/31/2015
2.9% 48 07/01/2015 08/31/2015
3.9% 60 07/01/2015 08/31/2015
4.9% 72 07/01/2015 08/31/2015

nikwax said:
Good eyes. They're not saying what the APR is though.

Well, if we see cars this month, all will be revealed.

It's like when someone in the office is having a child - whoever guesses the date wins.. ;-)

I am thinking mine will arrive on July 29th... :) And for some reason only known to the gods - yours will arrive on the 28th... :)

jeff

It is referred to as "nesting instinct" - in the third trimester the expectant mother starts to have a sometimes irrational drive to clean up and prepare for the addition to the family.. :D

In my case, I came home and found my very pregnant wife sweeping the street!! :eek:

jeff

Got an email from my salesman at Wentworth today, checking in, thanks for hanging in there, it could be a couple more months before they see any cars. I dropped Matt's name and asked if the cars were indeed almost in port, and he said it's impossible to know where cars are.

<rant>
In my mind, this is complete bs. Am I to believe that in the year 2015 a major manufacturer has so little visibility into their own supply chain that they have absolutely no idea where their inventory is or when it might possibly arrive at its next destination? When I bought my Volvo and it was being shipped around, I knew which ship it was on and exactly where that ship was, watched it go through the Panama Canal, got an email when it docked, and a phone call when it hit town.

Or is something else going on here, such as they have no interest in selling the car and want to move me into a different vehicle?

</rant>

Sorry to hear that. You may be in the shipment after mine. I got my name on one they had already ordered. That was on may 6th....

It may be that your vehicle has not been produced yet, so they dont have anything to tell you. But my guess is that your salesman is lazy and doesn't want to take the time to check into it...

I am in no rush to get mine, but it would be nice to have. I drive a huge diesel pickup now as my wife has a horse... my purpose for leasing ev is to keep miles off the very expensive to replace truck. My fuel costs for the truck are about the same as the lease payment... its a wash in terms of monthly expenses.

Jeff

Back