New owners, Who else is in Portland OR?

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carguyray

Greetings.

Like everyone else we LOVE our '15 spark. We bought it (not leased) near the beginning of the $139 lease deal,& although we were going to lease the dealer gave me within $200 of what I wanted to sell my '12 Golf TDI, do we just bought it. Now we're line everyone else on here... Blah Blah Blah, LOVE the EV, Blah Blah Blah, our other daily driver's a Prius, Blah Blah Blah, we fight over the Spark, Blah Blah Blah, we have gripes, but have Znever regretted getting it, & our one unique twist... We don't mind paying the same we paid for our Golf. Still LOVED the Golf, & would have waited for the E. Golf, but Dick Hannah VW (are uu guys paying attention?) screwed us around with such a BS shell game waste of our time we figured they didn't want us as customers any more (or maybe we were too smart to BE customers of theirs) so we started looking at other cars. (& here I thought we were VWers for life).

Anyway, so far I've seen a silver EV (Division/ 122nd) & a White one (SW Burnside, Gresham) & always when I don't have our green EV. I saw a Facebook post from someone in Portland talking about $5/mo electric usage, & was hoping to connect with other EV owners in the area.

Thank to all for all the great info on here as well,

Peace,
Ray.

Hi Ray, I'm an almost owner, we have one on order from Wentworth, hoping to see it in a few weeks. A couple of people that I work with have Sparks. We can't wait to get our mitts on ours :D

Just signed lease paperwork tonight and I'm picking up my new Spark tomorrow. I'm out in NW Gresham.

Great news for you both! We're also in far NW Gresham, so We're the bright green one you'll see. :)

Looking forward to meeting other owners in the area.

PS. We went to JUST see if we fit in it (6'9", & 6'4") and ended up grabbing the last one on the lay from late April.

I'm in Portland. I'm the only lowered one so far, so if you see one with a lowered ride height it's either me, or somebody else with a load of gravel in the car. ;)

Bryce

I'm in West Linn. If you see a blue one, wave :D I've seen a couple of others running around here too.

I'm sure it looks great, but I can't imagine less front end clearance... As it is we have to drive slowly into our driveway. :shock:

I'm in Portland as well. I've been seeing lots of Spark EV's around these days. Seems like the Portland Metro helped boost April's Spark EV sales. All of a sudden, they are everywhere. I liked it when it seemed like I was the only one around with one. These days I see two or three per day, often times in the same Electric Blue color. Guess people started figuring out what a good deal it was.

Thinking about trying to grab the next pile of Spark EV's as they arrive in Portland (Wentworth).

Commute currently 55.1 miles, Gateway to Wilsonville and back. Will install level 2 charger at home. Still feel range anxiety... anyone in Portland with a similar commute, 2015, when it was "winter" :)

We use ours daily for a 36 mile round Trip, 1/2 of which is on marine drive from almost the Far East end to the absolute west end. Since much of that is 45-50 mph I consider it almost highway. Highway in my experience kills range the fastest, I can often get 2x the actual miles vs. the range used if I'm driving in stop & go city. That being said, every day the range starts out at between 87-90 mikes, but when We're back home there's RARELY less than 52 mi range remaining. (So almost always 36 mikes or less of range used)

If you drove at 60-65 mph I couldn't say what to expect for range exactly, but my trips into the city, on the rare occasion when it's all clear on I-84, is normally 3-5 miles LESS in actual miles vs. range used, but if it's stop & go I have gotten from the 84/205 split all the way into downtown USING ONLY 0-3 miles of range numerous times. Hope that gives you something to work with based on your speed during your commute.

Also, if you're near gateway I can't recommend Ron Tonkin Chevy highly enough. I've bought dozens of new cars from dealers in my days (6 here in the Portland area in 12 years) & I was never as impressed as I was by how we were treated at Tonkin. PM me if you're interested in the salesman's info.

Post here what you decide to do, it's exciting to hear how others react to getting one of these. :)

I commute daily about 40 mi round trip; NE Portland to Hillsboro, with some errands typically on the way home. No problem in the Spark EV, even in winter. The lowest range I've seen is about 70 miles. I usually drive via 26 to Hillsboro, and via 30 back to Portland. Uphill I follow the speed limit. Downhill I let gravity do its thing. I usually charge every 1 1/2 trips, either at work or at home.

I drove the Spark EV from NE Portland to Corvallis on two occasions, via I-5. The first time, I ran out of charge one mile from the Albany exit after 72 miles. I followed the speed limit most of the way. The second time I made it all the way into Corvallis (83 miles), again following the speed limit. The difference: The second time I made sure I was fully charged and the car was pre-warmed when I started, and I used the heat/defrost much more sparingly. So even at 65 mph highway speeds, I still exceeded 70 miles on both trips.

I'm in Portland. I have a red model. I've been really impressed with how well the AC is working during this heatwave. It does take a big bite out of the range, but it's quite effective. So nice to hear that others are enjoying their cars as much as I am.

Yea, the AC was a concern to us, but today the 36 mile work commute with AC (103f on the way home) resulted in 39 miles ticked off the range I think that's great. Then we ran 18 ish mikes of errands with a drop of 20 miles. We still are thrilled with this car! Knowing how great the electrics are I'm seriously waiting to see how I fit in a Tesla Model X... I could see us becoming a 2 EV family & selling the Prius. :)

I started a facebook page for Portland spark owners a while back but it seems to have died of negelect. Would you all be interested in in starting another one?

Back