Wrapped Spark EV

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mczajka

One of the reasons I got the Spark EV is because I think it's a great car to wrap. Here are some examples of design iterations I went through before settling on one I had influence on. They did this for me pretty quick, and it's not perfect, but it looks great. I have a friend who owns a Fast Signs operation and also races/wraps cars. The basic theme was to go with something "rally car" like. The dark area has the pattern of the Maryland State flag in it, but just subtle in two shades of black. Also, note the only templates available for this are for the Spark. In some of the later designs, they added the charge port door.

600_443232110.jpeg

600_443232109.jpeg

600_443232108.jpeg

600_443126741.jpeg

600_443126750.jpeg

600_443116875.jpeg

Wow Mark, that's amazing! I'd also like some specifics as to cost and where in MD can we find your friend?

Sorry for the delay. I haven't been checking this forum often enough.

It was about $1,500. This kind of stuff gets very labor intensive, as you are probably well aware. I know the guy too, so I may have gotten a little bit of a deal. Not too many places would do all this design work for free. The more changes you make, typically they charge you. I'm a little bit of a perfectionist on that side - I didn't want the entire thing wrapped, because I know it would be difficult to deal with the door handles and other things. He couldn't get the rocker panel (under the doors) off, so he wrapped around it. The window wrap has a few bubbles in it, but he said they would go away after sitting a while in the sun. The window material is hard to work with. It looks fine. It was hard to get the main wrap material into the rear red light areas in the bumper. I may have him patch this for me. I just want to make sure you understand what you can expect.

The stripes along the top and side are pieced together at one point. He said he could fix it for me, but I told him not to worry about it. Because of the height, I'm probably the only one who can see it (at 6'4"). The sides are not exactly the same. It was a challenging design to lay it down perfectly. I didn't mind, but some of you might not like that. Since you can't see both sides at the same time, it was something I was willing to accept. I understood the process and was willing to accept that it would not be perfect. Perfect, pristine wraps would cost you much more, and they might take pieces of the car apart. What was important to me is that it looked good on the road, from a distance. I'm leasing the car too, so he's going to help me get it off in 3 years time.

The guy who did it is in Waldorf, MD (he also races cars and is really into this stuff). He had a Volt, but he recently sold it.

[email protected]

What I might have done differently:

The main area, with the black/muted Maryland flag design - I might have gone with a solid material. He's got a swatch book with all kinds of metallic colors. Then he could have overlayed the letters perfectly with the lines of the car.

If you throw out my name, he would probably work with you.

Mark Czajka
MD Volt Inc.

P.S., a design like this is easier to apply...

uk-police-force-gets-bmw-i3-76218_1.jpg

These are some cool designs too:

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/11/05/bmw-i3-fire-police-emergency-official/#slide-3692626

Back