Bosch charger offer?

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nikwax

Does anyone know what the secret sauce is for connecting up with the Bosch reps for getting the Bosch charger deal? I've had the rep call me and leave a voice message and then email. I've called back several times and emailed a few times, but I'm not able to get ahold of the rep. I think I'm getting close to the end of the offer period, so I'm getting a bit tense about it.

Ideas? Thanks!

Call them again. I think the Spark discount chargers go through a dedicated sales group.

I had to send them a copy of the registration twice and then I got a call from someone who could take my order.

Be persistent and you will be rewarded with discounted equipment.

I was surprised at how fast it went. The first time I called Bosch, I got someone who said that the EVSE had to be installed by a licensed electrician for the rebate. The next time I called, the rep I talked to "is no longer with us" and this rep said the rebate would be available no matter who installed it. I scanned my registration in that day and mailed it, I got an invoice from them the next day, paid that ($128.97 including shipping) and the EVSE was at my door in a little over a week.

Took us about half an hour to put in (already had a dedicated service for a welder in the garage, same amperage) and it's been working fine.

There is a shorter warranty period if you install yourself vs having their electrician. But then from what i've heard having Bosh's preferred electrician install is very expensive.

I got the EL-51245 ($449, 16A, 12-foot). It was completely free(no extra for shipping or tax).
I should say that the assigned rep for my EVSE registration never bothered to get back but I kept calling
and found another person who was kind enough to help on his behalf and then dealt with her through email rather than phone.
Got it installed from a local electrician for a reasonable price. Working fine.

I called 3 days in a row. First day, a lady took my contact info down and said someone would call back.

Day 2 - I called in, got the same lady, xftered me over to 'my rep'...turns out she only does the Chevy Volts, Bill does the Sparks, I need to talk to Bill, but he's not here, he'll call me back right away though.

Day 3 - I called in, asked for Bill - he's in a meeting. I said that I'm growing tired of how hard it is to give them my business, and the lady that did the initial intake magically now could help me. While I was on the phone, she emailed me, I emailed her back a copy of the registration, and she processed the order (self-install). I got a ship confirmation a couple hours later.

I called a number of times and always got my rep's voicemail. He did call back right after Thanksgiving and expalined the paperwork that he needed. I took pictures of it and emailed it to him, then followed up a week later with an email and phone call to his voicemail. I just got an email last night that the charger has shipped. Woo hoo!

As I already have a charger, I'm donating the Bosch unit to a local non-profit where my wife volunteers. They are thrilled to be getting a EVSE for public use. The facilities manager is an EV owner, so he is doubly motivated to getting the unit functioning.

Back