Question: Air Conditioning Rating?

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prospectiveEVr

I haven't yet bought a Spark EV but I'd like to know from current owners (particularly those of you in the southern U.S., where temperatures tend to get into the 100's during summer) how is your EV's A/C cooling? -- I once owned a 2014 gasoline Spark and the A/C was very poor.

I've driven mine in lots of above 100F days this past summer (Mojave desert) and can attest that the A/C will make it as cold as you have battery juice to spend. I never thought that it wasn't powerful enough. My caveat, I often set to a warmer temp (78) to avoid the range loss. My commute is borderline tight on range.

It's as good as any car you're used to, perhaps even better since you can pre-condition the cabin before you even get in (which I often too on hot summer days when leaving work or the grocery store). It's definitely better than a gas Spark, due to the high voltage air conditioning compressor which operates at peak power independent of the drivetrain as necessary. I tinted my windows to improve efficiency and cut down on interior temps while the car is parked, now the car will actually get chilly if I want it to rather than just comfortable even with really high exterior temps.

Bryce

Back