Replacing the interior (baby) blue trim?

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MysteriousJ

I've seen three Spark EV's (One being a Titanium 2LT at a local dealer) and they all seem to have the same baby blue interior trim regardless of the exterior color. To me this is a bit off-putting but isn't entirely a dealbreaker.

Is it possible to replace the interior trim with the same parts as the gas version? The parts seem to match except the trim around the speedometer.

Even worse, the blue reflects awfully in the driver's side mirror to a point it sometimes renders the mirrer useless. What were they thinking? One can only surmise.

Same gripe here. Anything is possible. The real question is how costly and butt-painey to remove and reinstall. You'd have to either order new parts in your preferred color from Chevy ($$$) or paint the existing ones (maybe void lease?).

Area is likely too small and curvy, but you might ask a place that does vinyl car wraps what they could do for you. If you try that, please post your results.

I would take a look at a product called plasti-dip. It will peel right off the trim at the end of your lease.

I have already plastidipped my rims, emblems and chargeport cover. Does anyone know how easy it is to reomve the panel pieces so they can be "dipped" Seems like more of a hassle to mask off the interior of the car.

I considered pulling the interior panels, but it looks like a fair bit of work to get them all when reviewing the service manual. I decided I wouldn't bother unless I had a complete set of silver/gray ones from a wrecked car or similar, as it's a job I don't want to do twice and I'd like it to just look factory quality but not baby blue!

Bryce

The blue panels on my white spark are very strange to me too. Why? A nice and shiny black would have been fine....
like the plastic they put around the gauge cluster on the 2015. My 2014 has blue around the gauges like the rest of the blue panels, so they figured at some point to fix SOME of the blue?? Body-colored would be best, but I guess it adds complications to assembly for a super-cheap car? So why not make them all a neutral black?? Why blue??

Djwreck said:
I have already plastidipped my rims, emblems and chargeport cover. Does anyone know how easy it is to reomve the panel pieces so they can be "dipped" Seems like more of a hassle to mask off the interior of the car.

How is this stuff applied? Brush? Spray? Actually dipping ? Is it glossy when dry?

Back