Spark ev owners in Portland OR

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marktime

I have started a FB group for Portland spark ev owners. It's called the Portland Spark EV Club. Looking to create a social group interested in swapping stories and occasional meet ups. All are welcome!

GladstoneCoach said:
Well, not THAT old and not THAT grouchy - but I'm not signing up for Facebook . . .

:)
I just looked at this FB group.
Relax, you would not be the only Grouch in that Group. :lol:

GladstoneCoach said:
but I'm not signing up for Facebook
You have FOUR SparkEV in your family but none for you? Seeing how you don't have SparkEV of your own, why would you want to look at SparkEV group? ;-)

I think FB is useful sometimes. You don't have to use your main ID to sign up. Just make up something so that you can see stuff like this.

Yes - FOUR of them.

I got the Red 2LT on a whim with the zero down $139/mo lease - I'm an engineer and REALLY wanted to check out an electric car. I can piss away $139 dollars in a couple weeks just eating out when I don't pack a lunch. I walked in and said "I want a Red one." - It was a low risk proposition.

Well - as you're all aware - it turns out the Spark EV is a GREAT little car and it was quickly "claimed" by my HS daughter 3. 10 air-bags and no begging for gas money made it easy to see it was a good match.

Liking the car, I continued to look for sales / deals - daughter 1 graduates from college in a few weeks & needs a commuter. $113/mo lease gets us the Black 2LT.

Daughter 1 is still in school so I drive her car out to Mom's for a visit, take her into town for lunch and she likes it. I gush over the car, tell her the local dealer has lease and purchase deals and BOOM - we're there picking out a 1LT for her (her existing car was becoming a maintenance drain). Mom's deal is $8k off MSRP, 72 months 0% financing and she gets to claim the $7.5k Federal tax credit. With trade-in, her $26k Silver 1LT ends up costing less than $8k.

Wife and daughter 3 are in conflict over the Red Spark (both want to drive it and NOBODY wants the van). How can I NOT get one for my wife at less than $11k for this car? She picks Electric Blue.

Viola! 4 Spark EVs and none for me. In fairness, I take whichever one is in the driveway whenever I'm not commuting (I take the train), so I do get to drive them. :D

I'm thinking Green for #5.
(or maybe waiting two years for a Bolt!)

GladstoneCoach said:
or maybe waiting two years for a Bolt!
You can wait, but I don't think you'll get deals like SparkEV with Bolt, especially the low cost lease. In OR, I see some advertised for as low as $19K before subsidy, which would make it $11.5K with tax credit.

Another to consider is that some new 2016 Leaf are listed for $16K in autotrader. If that price is before subsidy, post tax credit could be WOW$ But then, I don't know if you want to drive the boring old Leaf.

Back