Iceland, the country for Sparks

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsca72

I'm vacationing in Iceland right now, and OMG, I've never seen so many Sparks! They are all ICE's. Electric cars are just starting to be introduced here. I've seen a few Leafs and an advertisement for a KIA EV. The Islanders seem to love their Sparks. Too bad GM didn't choose to introduce the EV here.

They can get Mitsubishi Mirage that gets better gas mileage than SparkGas. Compared to Mirage (78 HP), SparkGas (98 HP) is a powerhouse. But I suspect the reason is something else, maybe Mirage is not available.

But SparkEV without subsidy is pretty bad. At $26K, there are lots of other better cars out there, though SparkEV is still the best EV bang for the buck.

jsca72 said:
I'm vacationing in Iceland right now, and OMG, I've never seen so many Sparks! They are all ICE's. Electric cars are just starting to be introduced here. I've seen a few Leafs and an advertisement for a KIA EV. The Islanders seem to love their Sparks. Too bad GM didn't choose to introduce the EV here.
While vacationing last month on the island of Oahu in Hawaii I saw many Spark ICEs on the road, many with surf boards strapped to the roof. As a Spark EV driver, I used PlugShare to locate DCFC locations on the island. PlugShare shows 4 would work for the Spark EV and 6 more - for a total of 10 - would work for the Nissan Leaf. I did not see a single Spark EV on the island (not sold there) but did see a number of Nissan Leafs. Depending on the time of day, they have a flat $6 to $7 charge for charging.

Back