New Spark EV Stats

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nashco said:
Just a reminder for you new purchasers to add your car to this list to see some neat statistics on how your driving compares to others:

http://www.voltstats.net/SparkEV

Bryce
Thanks for the link. I just joined, can't wait to see where I fall. I have a feeling I'll be at the top of the daily list with my 150 mile a day commute.

Looks like a bunch of Spark EV's got bumped off the Spark Stats leaderboard when the OnStar authentication errors were popping up a few weeks ago and folks need to login to reauthenicate their accounts. We were up to 33 owners at one time. Neat to see how many gas free miles we are racking up.

This thread could use a bump for new Spark EV drivers.

My experience with http://www.voltstats.net/SparkEV showed that it was easy to sign up and authorize the access from OnStar. Frankly, I was surprised it was so easy and never expected to have this kind of capability.

As of this writing it looks like there are 31 active Spark EV users and it's interesting to see how my usage compares to others out there. For example, the daily driving histogram shows an unexpected grouping of owners that drive 50-60 miles per day, just like I do.

Some are into this, others not so much. I never tracked my gasoline usage, so electricity use is only of casual interest to me.

On a related question, does anyone know why you have to enter your miles manually in the MyChevy app? Is this simply lawyers trying to avoid the appearance of user location tracking (in a car that could easily upload every word you say and record every place you drive while in it, without your knowledge)?

EldRitch said:
Some are into this, others not so much. I never tracked my gasoline usage, so electricity use is only of casual interest to me.

On a related question, does anyone know why you have to enter your miles manually in the MyChevy app? Is this simply lawyers trying to avoid the appearance of user location tracking (in a car that could easily upload every word you say and record every place you drive while in it, without your knowledge)?
The Spark EV stats website has nothing to do with electricity usage. The data is only distance based but is particularly helpful for owners of range constrained vehicles like the Spark EV.

I'm sure there are other threads on the MyChevy app. I suggest searching those or starting a new thread.

Back