'Service Vehicle Soon' light after stopping a DCFC.

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NORTON

I stopped a DCFC in progress the other morning for the first time with the Key Fob.
The car then had the 'Service Vehicle Soon' light after that. First time for that too....

I then charged the car fully on an L2 later that day.
Still had the light on the way home from work, so I call Onstar for a diagnostics. They said it was something about 'High Voltage Charging system...' Code # P8002.

I stepped out for a night on the town that evening with the light still on.

This morning it was gone after sitting overnight not plugged in.

Has anyone else ever used the fob to stop the DCFC while it was going full tilt?

I have always used my CP card to stop it before this time. I don't think I ever walked away and let it get to 100%.

I've had this issue with a Volt if there was a dip in the grid voltage during a storm and it always cleared itself after 3 charge cycles.
This time it cleared after only one.
I have not been back to test it on a DCFC yet.

I have stopped a DCFC charge with the fob before. I did not get an error code. I've gotten the light twice, both times from high regen with a low battery charge. Both times I got a code (and description) from OnStar that Chevy later told me did not exist. The first time I hard reset. The second time the light shit off on its own (and the dealer told me they couldn't pull the code because the light was off, which is not how OBDII works in gas cars). Not sure if it is OnStar or the dealership that is screwing up (guessing dealer).

67goat said:
I have stopped a DCFC charge with the fob before. I did not get an error code. ...
Thanks for the reply.
I guess I'll just have to repeat the procedure. All the DCFC stations in my area are 50kW Efacec. Maybe when the car sends the command to stop it does it in a funny way....
I'll test it later today.

I assume by CP you mean ChargePoint. I have only used their chargers twice, and did not use the fob to stop (full charge). Around here is a little GreenLots and lots of EvGo (EvGo never resets my usage after a full charge).

Back