Anybody buy spark their at end of the lease? $?

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NomadMac said:
CSW said:
NomadMac said:
U.S. Bank called yesterday and offered to sell me my 2014 Spark for $10,700 including tax. Level 2 without DCFC and a 12K mile/year lease.

is your lease up? Did they proactively call you?

January 31, 2017. Yes.

I called them a few months back and they told me $19K+

Wow! They dropped the price by almost 50%! Nice! As they should. Maybe it will be another 10% off by January? 15%? Well this gives me some hope that they will be reasonable with the purchase price at lease end which would allow me to keep my spark.

So here's what I'm trying for:

My lease on my Spark is due in March. I want to return my current Spark early, and re-lease a 2016 model.

The reason is that California is increasing its clean air vehicle rebates up to $4000 for people who fall below 300% of the poverty level (~35K per year)- starting November 1st.

So lease a 2016 Spark EV for ~$100 per month over 3 years = $3600. Get a check for $4000 from California. By the end of the lease, the buyout price for the 2016 Spark EV will be pennies- especially with the coming Model 3, Bolt, 200 mile Leaf, ETC. As long as the state has the money for it- this is a chance to have an almost free car for three years.

My lease ended October 1. US Bank offered $12.9k buyout instead of the $16k residual, but that still seemed too high. I wound up buying a new one September 30th for $20k. It had the 16% back that Chevy was offering at the time, so in theory you should be able to get a better deal if you could get one of the 20% off ones and a dealer willing to work with you a bit. After the $7500 federal and $2500 CA and tax, title, etc., it would up being a few hundred cheaper to buy the new one than the old one. Seemed like a no brainer.

Welp, I traded in my 2014 spark 5.9 months early and leased a 2016 spark for 39 months. Same color. Kicked the can down the road. Interestingly, the price I can buy the 2016 for at the end of the lease is ......... $10,100.

It is a white 1LT with the DCFC. I figured the 10k was ok...... the price was 16k on my 2014 to buy at lease-end. I rolled 1/2 of what I had left to pay on my old lease into the new one and it is still 60 bucks a month less than my 2014 lease... still with zero down. 10k miles a year yes. Enough for me now, and I tentatively plan on buyin it at the end of the lease.

CSW what is your monthly payment and what dealer did you get yours from? I'm looking for the best deal in the North Bay but not coming up with much.

zanzabar88 said:
CSW what is your monthly payment and what dealer did you get yours from? I'm looking for the best deal in the North Bay but not coming up with much.
Have you checked Dublin Chevrolet? They had 72 2016 spark EVs two months ago and now they have just 5. - - Correction: now they have only 3!

zanzabar88 said:

Just check chevy.com ..... they are showing only 4 left in the greater Sacramento area, and only 2 with the quick-charge option.

Back