Pandora and iOS

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nikwax

I'm not sure if it's an iOS issue or the new version of Pandora, and, I'm finding that in order to get Pandora to stay running on my Spark, I have to open the app on the phone first, then open the dashboard app. This is recent behaviour. Has anyone else run into this?

nikwax said:
I'm not sure if it's an iOS issue or the new version of Pandora, and, I'm finding that in order to get Pandora to stay running on my Spark, I have to open the app on the phone first, then open the dashboard app. This is recent behaviour. Has anyone else run into this?

I find the behavior of Pandora quite strange - UNLESS I have the phone unlocked. (Note, Nexus 6P running Nugat - latest and greatest Andriod OS).

If I leave the phone locked and in my pocket, when the car first connects it says its "signing in to Pandora" and will sit there for some time, and eventually time out and go into Offline mode (this is a feature for those that pay for Pandora). If I have the phone unlocked and in front of me, it goes right into online mode and starts playing immediately.

My guess is Pandora app change is at fault, my Volt was also having issues with the latest version of Pandora.

Side note - does it bug the crap out of you too that the steering wheel controls won't let you skip songs in Pandora?

One more interesting thing I noted on this issue - Pandora's own "help" page about Chevy cars with MyLink and Pandora integration say you have to open the app on the phone first. I don't know IF this was changed, but I certainly never had to do that in the past with older versions of the app.

SciroccoTDI said:
One more interesting thing I noted on this issue - Pandora's own "help" page about Chevy cars with MyLink and Pandora integration say you have to open the app on the phone first. I don't know IF this was changed, but I certainly never had to do that in the past with older versions of the app.

I didn't either. But at least now that's an official "feature" of Pandora.

nikwax said:
SciroccoTDI said:

I didn't either. But at least now that's an official "feature" of Pandora.

I contacted Pandora via email, their support was quick and very helpful. They had me turn off the "Battery Optimization" of Pandora inside the Andriod settings. Problem solved of it not logging in or going offline mode when the phone is locked.

Now if the darn steering wheel controls would just skip songs instead of having to look down at the screen (taking my eyes off the road in the process).

Back