Request for Meetup/test drive in Dallas

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AbelGoddard

Hi! I'm currently a Ford Focus Electric driver, with a lease that is ending. I'm needing a short term 2-3 year car and I want to stay electric if at all possible. I'm intrigued by the Spark - and I would love to get inside one to check it out. But of course it's discontinued and no dealer near me has one. Is it possible that anyone in Dallas would meet with me so I could check it out?

"Inside one" is exactly like a gasser Spark, except for the displays and it's much faster and much quieter!!

That's great to know. I know the Spark EV has been discontinued - but not sure of the regular Spark. Maybe a dealer will have one I can sit in!

Actually the '16 Spark Gassers look different on the outside. They may be different on the inside. I don't know what I'm talking about.... :lol:

But I do know if you are considering a cheap BEV in the 80-90 mile range , a used Spark EV can't be beat!!

I suppose mostly I just need to confirm that I can comfortable get into and out of the car, and and be comfortable while driving of course. Apparently there's a recall on the gas Spark, and the only ones I've found are sitting in Service and unavailable to drive. But a salesman might be able to let me sit in it tonight. If all goes well physically, I have a line on a new 2015 - right? - that would be awfully cheap for me.

AbelGoddard said:
.. But a salesman might be able to let me sit in it tonight. .. I have a line on a new 2015 - right? - that would be awfully cheap for me.
A brand new 2015 ?! and cheap ? Now that is a find!!

Too bad you can take a gasser out for a spin, just so you can smile that much more when you drive the EV. :lol:

You will not regret buying a Chevy Spark EV. I just bought mine a couple weeks ago. I love it.
The most fun car I've ever owned.

Bumping this thread because I too am looking for someone in DFW with a spark EV that I can inspect. I'm looking at getting an EV and while there are plenty of i3s around to check out, there are on average... 0 sparks for sale in DFW (one if you go ~75 miles out of town). If a forum member has one that they'd be willing to let me drive I'd happily return the favor in either my exotic Dodge Grand Caravan, or actually kinda rare manual 4th generation Acura TL.

Interestingly I saw someone in a spark EV on the way to work today. First one I've seen in the wild since I started looking a couple months ago.

If you don't mind sharing, what did you pay for it, I'm going to guess $23000 plus shipping.

I don’t mind saying, now that I bought it. I didn’t want to say before just in case somebody else saw it and bought it out from under me:

$15,087 + TTL, and shipping to Dallas.

Yeah I know. It was a STEAL.

So, $7500 federal rebate (my wife does our taxes and says we will get all of it) because I’ve bought it. And my wife works for Bank of America, which has an incentive plan in place for purchases or leases of fuel efficient vehicles. We already received the $4,000 from them (minus taxes, which was a significant chunk of course), which will help out on a trip we are taking soon.

All told I’m really happy with this purchase.

:shock: :shock:

That's crazy!! I need to do some hunting. And I thought I got mine for cheap! Bought new in April 2016 for 17995 (no taxes in Oregon), minus the 7500 federal credit, and got 0% financing.

Seriously, an awesome, underrated sleeper EV car. If I could keep it for 5+ years I would. I just have no idea how much battery degradation I'll experience. So far, at 24000 miles, I'm averaging between 17.2 and 16.9 kWh capacity at the end of the day.

I wanted to say thanks again to Abel for letting me check the car out. they're pretty neat, but I'm not sure our family will be able to make the size work for us. I'll still keep a look out for a great deal though, you never know!

Back