One-touch Up / Down window controls

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GladstoneCoach

I got our first Spark EV almost two years ago & finally have a couple mods planned for warmer (& drier) weather when I won't need the garage. However I have a couple other mods I'd like to explore here. There are 2 specific features we have on other vehicles that I REALLY wish Chevy would have included or I could add aftermarket. This thread pertains to one-touch window controls.

Background: Both of our other cars (2010 Prius & 2005 Mazda) have one-touch auto window up / down controls. At the risk of stating the obvious, they allow windows to be rolled all the way up or down with a single touch of the window controls. I must say it's very handy. You wouldn't think it is until you have it and then you miss it when you don't. My wife would like me to add to her Spark EV.

I've found a couple aftermarket units that offer this kind of functionality, but they're not very well reviewed (read the comments in the questions section).
https://www.amazon.com/AutoLoc-WC1000-Touch-Down-Window/dp/B000BTQMW0

Has anyone tried adding this feature to your vehicle with any success? Might there be a relay from the ICE Spark one could install?

Maybe something like this?
https://forums.finalgear.com/questi...own-to-most-any-car-with-power-windows-52385/

My Focus Electric has one-touch on all 4 windows and I really love that feature. Since I am buying my Spark instead of leasing it, I'm open to any modifications. This sounds like a great idea if it's workable.

Funny, I always look for a way to disable it on cars I have with it. More often than not, I only want to open my window a crack. In one touch cars, that usually means fighting with the window controls.

To each their own.

If the ICE Sparks from the same year have it, I would think it could fit in the EV.

I had no idea I was unusual in this regard. I have a co-worker who also hates it and has to battle with it. To me it's just a matter of muscle memory and being aware that pressing too hard on the button will engage the auto-down. I guess everyone has preferences though. :D

Part of the frustration is also sometimes that when we want to stop the windows from going all the way down, we tend to pull on the button which then makes it go up, instead of pressing down again to stop the down motion.
Once you get use to pressing Down + Down to only go down a bit, it becomes easier :)

For me, it mostly has to do with most auto window buttons are timing based, not pressure based. If I only want the window to open a half-inch or so, that is within the short button press that activates the auto function.

If I forget to double tap, then I am having to partially roll back up and watch for when I want to stop.

If I remember to double tap the button, then I am doping twice the work I should need to (since that is the window position I want to attain 75+% of the time).

Back