Chevy Spark EV Forum

It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:33 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: service warning light - A/C computer malfunction
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:12 pm 

Well, it's always the Murphy's Law that gets ya.

Took the car to Novato Chevy; called us back in an hour: there ain't nothing wrong with your AC. So I asked them to look into the database that is rapidly emerging with regard to AC Spark EV problems and work on it.

No, they won't do it. Can't fix nutin' when not broken. Sorry.

So, now I'm not happy. In limbo. Told wife if it happens again take it straight back and have them pull the code. Interestingly enough, AC did not work 2 days ago when we showed it to the mechanic. On repair day it frickin' works. Sucks.

Well, electronics have their way of "on off" when broken. So, it's a matter of time this thing rears its head. Will keep you posted...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:52 pm 

I picked up my Spark today from dealer. They had to go up the chain to Chevy engineering but apparently found that a couple of the coolant hoses to the battery had been reversed at the factory. The battery outlet hose was connected to the water pump and the battery inlet was connected to the radiator. The tech reversed the connection and apparently now everything is okay. Hopefully this was the problem.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:39 pm 

It wasn't reversed because AC worked fine for 4 weeks. It may have had a bad day or something. Maybe a fluke. At this point I expect it to happen again.

The funny thing is that we took it to Novato Chevy and demonstrated it to a mechanic who fiddled with it and could not get it going either. Then 2 days later on repair day it worked, and the dude working on it said in his paperwork "perhaps not operated properly" by us.

So one guy did not talk to the other guy. Like I don't know how to punch AC button, turn the fan on and turn the dial to low. Very assuming and condescending, and in fact arrogant to put stuff like that on paperwork.

Told my folks, it happens again take it straight back there and have them pull the code. And then we'll know just what the f*** is going on with my AC.

And I'm waiting to see if it happens to other owners.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:43 am 

Leave it to Chevy to give this car two big digital displays, but not use them for a problem big enough to require service. WTF?

I mean, instead of a generic yellow light, the seven inch monitor could say, "air conditioner compressor error" or "battery fault". A yellow freaking light?

:shock: The summer interns who designed the crapmobile Spark EV should take up agriculture instead.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:08 am 

Just bought a 2014 Spark EV here in Quebec, imported from Cali. We've had it 2 weeks and are happy, but today it would not unlock, then when it did the alarm went off and now we have "car with exclamation point over it" and the airbag light is on. It seems a bit buggy this car.
Any thoughts?
is there a reset, like you can do when your phone gets buggy?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:15 pm 

97slpss wrote:
Just bought a 2014 Spark EV here in Quebec, imported from Cali. We've had it 2 weeks and are happy, but today it would not unlock, then when it did the alarm went off and now we have "car with exclamation point over it" and the airbag light is on. It seems a bit buggy this car.
Any thoughts?
is there a reset, like you can do when your phone gets buggy?

Change the 12V battery under the hood. These cars do odd things when the 12V battery gets old.