Returning leased Spark EV without LRR tires

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From what I remember of the GM Financial lease conditions, mismatched brands were a penalty (they don't have to be Bridgestone but they do have to be the same), worn tread was a penalty (I think below 4/32", but it might have been 6/32), and wrong size were a penalty, but I suspect you could probably put 195/55 on the front and rear without getting charged for it.
Aftermarket rims were a penalty too.

You could always run the stock tires until the fronts got near the limit, then put aftermarket wheels on it, and when you're done put the stock wheels back on it and sell the other wheels. You can get some very light wheels for $400-450, and if you don't gouge them up I bet you could sell them for $300.

Well I went ahead and replaced all four with correct sizes of Kumhi Ecsta 4X II as mine were pretty worn out and it goes back next month so I wanted to have fresh rubber for my final time. I had bought them over a year ago when tire rack had a crazy sale going on for them so I wanted to try them out anyhow. Hope the mileage penalty isn't too bad but since it's going back next month I'm not overly worried.

Back