Service Vehicle Soon Light

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrDRMorgan

My 2015 Spark EV 2LT had the yellow Service Vehicle Soon light come on today. Disconnecting the ground terminal on the 12 volt battery for 5 minutes and reconnecting it did not correct the problem. My OBDII scanner shows a P3009 code and attempts to reset the code failed. There was also another code - P1E00 - which I was able to reset.

Anyone have any ideas what the problem might be? The car in going in to my Chevy dealer tomorrow morning.

P1E00 just means that HPCM2 requested the MIL illuminate. The other code is one I’ve never seen. Google search shows some Prius owners with that code and it means an internal high voltage fault in the battery.

Does the car drive?

Let us know what the dealer finds and does!

CCIE said:
P1E00 just means that HPCM2 requested the MIL illuminate. The other code is one I’ve never seen. Google search shows some Prius owners with that code and it means an internal high voltage fault in the battery.

Does the car drive?

Let us know what the dealer finds and does!
Car seems to be working fine. My wife called me about the light going on this afternoon as she left the hospital where she is a volunteer. She drove home without any problems so I do not know what is going on. This happened twice before and disconnecting / re-connecting the 12 volt battery's negative post caused the problem to go away. Now it won't go away no matter what I try.

I will advise what the dealer finds just as soon as they get it fixed.

8 Nov 17: In the morning, I took my Spark EV to the Chevy dealer. Late that afternoon the dealer called and said there is an electrical problem but they have yet to verify the exact cause.
9 Nov 2017: Dealer reports the code indicates a problem with the DC quick charger. Note: I quick charge 3-4 times per week. Dealer said vehicle charged on L2 EVSE without any problem. Dealer is not sure when they will receive the part as it is not in stock at GM. They will advise on Monday.

Not in stock at GM is ominous. This is the newest car I have ever owned. I wonder how good the support is for a vehicle that is such a low volume model?

Planerench said:
Not in stock at GM is ominous. This is the newest car I have ever owned. I wonder how good the support is for a vehicle that is such a low volume model?
I will check back with the dealer on Monday to see what they can do about the part. My first stop going home will be at the quick charger to see if it works or not. I wasn't having a problem charging. The yellow Service Vehicle Soon light just came on and stayed on. I read the code with my scanner and gave it to the dealer. The dealer's service advisor told me the technician said the code had to do with a problem in the DC charger - the L1 and L2 charging functions were ok to use. So now it is just a waiting game to see if they really found the problem or they are just guessing.

I have 3 Spark EVs [2014, 2015, 2016] and all have been serviced (software upgrades) by the same dealer without any problems. Except for this recent problem with my 2015, I have not had any problems of any kind with any of the three vehicles.

looking for an update to see what the error was. was it ever fixed? it looks like i have the same error and not sure what it means and what can be done about it. please advise thank you.

-2016 spark ev w/ error p1e00

evmensch said:
looking for an update to see what the error was. was it ever fixed? it looks like i have the same error and not sure what it means and what can be done about it. please advise thank you.

-2016 spark ev w/ error p1e00
This is what is on the work order dated 19 Dec 2017

"Customer requests diagnosis of service engine soon light on.

ECM P1E00, Hybrid 2 P3009, P3023

Checked the vehicle further and found that the amp reading for the DC charge port current parameter was above the spec of 0 amps. It was at 0.4-0.6. Removed the sight shield and tested the circuit and the circuit tested ok and when shorted over it would read higher than 140 amps at 150 amps. Ordered new DC battery charger.

Replaced the battery charger control module and rechecked the programming of the module and it was up to date. Road tested the vehicle and no light came on.

Part Number 23453239 Module 2.211 Y"

This did fix the problem.

Back