How far away is the nearest level 3 charger to you?

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I've made a couple more token stops at DFW area level 3 chargers to add ~10 "anxiety prevention" miles.

I probably could have done without both of these (and got home with single digit range left), but now that I've upped my EVgo plan to On-The-Go, why not get some value out of my $20/month plan if I use it or not? That and a 4 minute stop to charge rivals an old school gas stop. I'm starting to forget what that's like. It is also a nice test to know that DCFC still works should I really need it, as I'm still fairly new to this.

In one case, 10 miles in 4 minutes cost $0.87 (Belt Line and I-30, Grand Praire, TX) in the other case 10 miles in 4 minutes cost $0.86 (FM 157 and Randol Mill, Arlington, TX, right neighborly to Cowboys Stadium). I suspect the penny difference is due to sales tax of 0.0825 in Grand Prairie, TX vs. 0.08 in Arlington, TX). Pinch that penny!

Sparkler said:
..Hideo Nuts mega bus? I hear beautiful "This Area" is somewhere between Austin and D/FW, maybe you saw it?
I'm still looking for a vintage motor operated pushover to complete the 70's look.
Ha Ha !!!
Me too!!!

Do you have an iphone,, or know the rare bozo that does?

Awaken the Siri within and say, "This is worker speaking. Hello."

NORTON said:
Do you have an iphone,, or know the rare bozo that does?

Awaken the Siri within and say, "This is worker speaking. Hello."

Works on iPad too, Ah-Clem. LOL!

Oh, and I was wrong about my license frame. it actually says

"Head in any direction on the freeway of your choice"

across the top and the bottom says

"Ralph Spoilsport Motors".

You can get it and the Bozo bumper sticker here:

http://firesigntheatre.com/firesale/firesale.php

Sparkler,

Thanks for the ideas !!
One link doesn't work, but I am now going to have a cool license plate frame on the front to counter the self-righteous one I sport on the back, "Powered by American Made Energy" !!!

Yeah, currently 68% American coal...(in "This Area"). That's my dirty little secret. :? At least I'm not sending any of my money to OPEC. ;) Actually, I'm not paying anything for my energy, except for a little at home during winter, dangit...

Back