Chevy Spark EV Forum

It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Where do we all live? Sparks are dispersing.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:05 am 

HA.. another Spark EV that leaves Phoenix.. only in my case I took it out of state to Illinois (haha). ...just kinda funny 2 Spark EVs leaving Phoenix (then again, my Spark obviously started life in California before migrating to Phoenix for 1 year)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:47 pm 

Montreal, Canada Spark 2014 from CA

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:03 am 

I just purchased a used '14 1LT. Shipped from dealership in California to me in Northern Chicago suburbs (Illinois). I've never seen another Spark EV owner. But this is actually my second Spark EV. 1st one died a horrible death after a vehicle accident. That one was also a '14 1LT.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:30 am 

^ Well now we have 2 in the Chicago area... haha

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:46 am 

Just added to the Idaho fleet yesterday. Took home a white 2015 LT1 with 15k miles. No DCFC option... So it's the same as this state. (At least area)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:52 am 

Lexington MA - just go delivery of my 2016 2LT ...running beautifully. So far very impressed with the easy driving. Looked at a Bolt but just like the feel of the Spark. Work is close to no range issues - even with the recent cold snap not seeing any issues.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:58 pm 

I'm in Toronto, Canada with our 2014 1LT, owned since mid-2015 (was bought with about 1,400 km on it). Now we're at around 36,000 km, been relatively trouble-free. What we've done so far:

-replaced stock tires with Michelin Premier A/S
-close to 30K there was a creaking sound that we thought was the brakes (i.e. brakes not releasing fully when pedal is released), but it turns out it was the motor mount that was a bit loose
-fuse for washer fluid pump just went recently, used a spare and we are back up and running

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:03 am 

Just checking in!

I'm in KC, Mo. '14, 2LT w/DCFC.
It's at + 49k miles. +2.5 years of ownership. Bought it with 3500 miles It was a Buy Back car. I got the original 3/36k B2B warranty.
It has been mostly Free Public Charging during this time except for winter months when I plug it in L2 at home for TMS reasons.

Haven't calculated Battery Capacity in a while because I rarely use more that 50% during one direction of my commute and I keep it plugged in at both ends in this dang winter weather.
Last entry in my Battery .xls was at 33k mi, 3-23-17 was 17.47 kWh. An entry from 32k mi was 16.94 kWh. I have pics on my phone I have not entered yet...

I have 0.5" wider wheels and 195/50-15 tires all around, so I can now do proper tire rotations. Haven't yet though... Love the feel !

The car has been flawless for all this time!

Except...
In the last month or so I've been very rarely hearing a 2-3 second 'Hum' from the charge port area of the car while powering it down from the driver's seat or when outside unplugging the car.
Crap,,, this can't be good...But there's no way I'm taking it to the dealer for a Fishing Expedition....It's very intermittent...
Has anyone heard this sound?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:42 am 

Just bought mine from a used car lot near Sacremento....unfortunately it didn't migrate very far. According to the Carfax, it was originally purchased and owned near San Jose, CA now living about 30 miles north in the East Bay.

Had no intention of purchasing but damn that Car Gurus application on my phone: 2015 LT1 w/ DCFC 3,820 miles (not a misprint). Bought for $9.5k
Still had protective plastic and tape on various interior trim bits.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:16 pm 

Hi everyone, My 2014 Electric Blue Spark EV(no DCFC) moved to Colorado in 2017 and lives in Aurora just east of Denver, it came from Glendale, CA. I have seen a silver Spark EV and a white one here in Denver metro area. I have put about 9k joy filled miles on my Sparky it isn't every vehicle that can put a smile on my face just from driving to work.

I keep trying to bully Prius owners but they won't look at me. Anybody else having luck in drag racing Prius'. I tell everybody I talk to they need to at least test drive an EV at some point, they are just too fun! :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next