Soon to be Spark Owner

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We knew the car would come with one key, we plan to get another if we keep it. We just assumed it would be one working key. Carvana has agree to send a locksmith. I just hope he can get a key before the 7 days. They told us they would add an extra three days, but all I have to prove that is an email (all the contracts I sign have the old date).

This seem more worrisome (though I wonder if it is right):

Energy Details
Driving and accessories - 32%
Climate settings - 13%
Energy used - 7.4 kWh

The odd thing is I am pretty sure I have driven over 30 miles. I have reset the trip odometer (is there just one? no A and B?) and I will pay closer attention next time. I am recharging now.

Tim said:
This seem more worrisome (though I wonder if it is right):

Energy Details
Driving and accessories - 32%
Climate settings - 13%
Energy used - 7.4 kWh

The odd thing is I am pretty sure I have driven over 30 miles. I have reset the trip odometer (is there just one? no A and B?) and I will pay closer attention next time.

Something that I found challenging when I first received my Spark EV (also bought from Carvana), was the climate controls. They are not intuitive (to me), to use efficiently initially. Going into "Climate Controls" from the home menu screen will show you power consumption in the lower left corner. I suggest playing around with the various controls and seeing how they impact the power required. You can zap A LOT of power, with fairly inappreciable results.

Your usage and power consumed suggests a battery capacity somewhere in the neighborhood of 16.4kwh (7.4/45% or 0.45 (32%+13%)=16.444). This is right where my battery capacity is at, 2015 25,XXX miles. Given that you drove 30 miles with using 32% of the battery for actual driving, you should be able to drive 90 miles with minimal to no climate usage.

There is only one tripometer, unfortunately. It keeps average battery to wheel efficiency (No charging losses accounted for) ie 5.2 miles per kwh.

TheLondonBroiler said:
Something that I found challenging when I first received my Spark EV (also bought from Carvana), was the climate controls. They are not intuitive (to me), to use efficiently initially. Going into "Climate Controls" from the home menu screen will show you power consumption in the lower left corner. I suggest playing around with the various controls and seeing how they impact the power required. You can zap A LOT of power, with fairly inappreciable results.

Your usage and power consumed suggests a battery capacity somewhere in the neighborhood of 16.4kwh (7.4/45% or 0.45 (32%+13%)=16.444). This is right where my battery capacity is at, 2015 25,XXX miles. Given that you drove 30 miles with using 32% of the battery for actual driving, you should be able to drive 90 miles with minimal to no climate usage.

There is only one tripometer, unfortunately. It keeps average battery to wheel efficiency (No charging losses accounted for) ie 5.2 miles per kwh.
Thanks for the info. I was worried that the 16.44 was low (not so much about the climate %, we sat in it to figure it out). But I guess that is the usable capacity not the total. When folks here list their GOM (what does that stand for?) do they mean the max estimate or the one inside the blue dot?

GOM = Guess-O-meter (although once scolded for using the term in the I-Miev forum, haha). That's really what it is though, no different than a gasoline vehicle range guesser, it's not a crystal ball, just an guess using the past to predict the future. It uses past driving efficiency to predict range (in the blue circle). Min and max use current driving efficiency to predict range (blue circle range can change with drastic changes in efficiency). The little gold (bad) and green (Good!) circles tell you which direction and whereabouts you're trending.

Back