Chevy Spark EV Forum

It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:18 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Battery Degradation vs Battery Limited Warranty
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:05 pm 

I've been playing with Torque Litr (basic/free version) for just over a year. Thank you BeachBum for sharing the pid list. This will only work with pro, which I bought today ($5 is a deal). Here's my initial setup: (Long form voltage readings are to the ten thousandth of a volt and ask 96 pairs are within a hundredth of a volt of each other...damn impressive)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:28 pm 

TheLondonBroiler wrote:
I've been playing with Torque Litr (basic/free version) for just over a year. Thank you BeachBum for sharing the pid list. This will only work with pro, which I bought today ($5 is a deal). Here's my initial setup: (Long form voltage readings are to the ten thousandth of a volt and ask 96 pairs are within a hundredth of a volt of each other...damn impressive)

I agree! I use TorquePro, an OBDLink MX Bluetooth adapter and an old Nexus 7 tablet running Android 5.1.1. Works great for both my 2014 and 2016 Spark EV. However, the PIDs I use are for a Chevy Bolt which has 96 cells. This works fine for the 2015 and 2016 Spark EVs which also have 96 cells. The 2014 Spark EV has 112 cells but only 96 show up. Still, this is not a problem as I use the average cell voltage for my calculations.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:38 pm 

MrDRMorgan wrote:

The 2014 Spark EV has 112 cells but only 96 show up.

I just looked through the cell voltage Parameter IDs and I wouldn't be surprised, that if you continued the pattern, that you would get the voltage read outs.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:01 pm 

TheLondonBroiler wrote:
MrDRMorgan wrote:

The 2014 Spark EV has 112 cells but only 96 show up.

I just looked through the cell voltage Parameter IDs and I wouldn't be surprised, that if you continued the pattern, that you would get the voltage read outs.

I saw that too and extending the pattern in the CSV file should not be a problem. I might give it a try by adding the remaining 16 cells. It probably would be wise to give the file a separate ID so as not to screw up the file for the 2015 and 2016 Spark EVs.

Update: I added the additional cells to the PID list, saved it under a different file name and added it to the extendedpids file in my Nexus 7. Then I updated my TorquePro display pages and added displays for the additional 16 cells (Cell 97 - Cell 112). When I tried the new file on my 2014 Spark EV, all 112 cell voltages were displayed but I lost my display values for Battery Capacity and Battery Temperature. If I use my original PID file on the 2014 Spark EV, everything works fine and the extra cell displays do not show any values. I can use the original PID file to monitor both cars and the revised file to monitor all cell voltages in the 2014 Spark EV. This will work for me.