Fast Provisions CBT?? Does this mean Quick Charge option??

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boo99

hi there, this is my 1st post here.

I am thinking of buying a 2015 from Carvana but theres no way on their site to tell if it has the SAE QC option.

I called Chevy and gave in the VIN and she said it has Fast Charging Provisions CBT?

Does that mean I will be able to use the SAE QC cause this car has it?

I dont want to buy it unless it does.

Thanks much for any help!

G.

boo99 said:

I am thinking of buying a 2015 from Carvana but theres no way on their site to tell if it has the SAE QC option.

I called Chevy and gave in the VIN and she said it has Fast Charging Provisions CBT?

G.
Have your contact at Carvana open the charge door, whip out his phone, take a picture of the charge port and send it to you. If the vehicle has the quick charge option, you will see an orange colored flap at the bottom of the charge port. Spark EVs without the quick charge option do not have the orange-colored flap.

MrDRMorgan said:
Have your contact at Carvana open the charge door, whip out his phone, take a picture of the charge port and send it to you. If the vehicle has the quick charge option, you will see an orange colored flap at the bottom of the charge port. Spark EVs without the quick charge option do not have the orange-colored flap.
Agreed. But be SLY about it.
You don't want to be excited to have them show you that "Yes indeed! This car has the $750 DCFC option. That will be an additional $750, please"
And you definitely only want one with this option. It totally transforms the usefulness of this EV!

Fast Charge Provisions is the name Chevy uses on the window sticker to describe that option, so it sounds like this car does have it. With Carvana, you have a few days to check the car over, so it seems pretty safe to go ahead. You can send it back if you're not satisfied. I don't know what CBT stands for.

MrDRMorgan said:
boo99 said:

G.

No, they wont do that. I do know about what to look for, thanks :)

Already been thru this with other vehicles and Carvana. Its not that simple but I wish it were.

Alcalira said:
Fast Charge Provisions is the name Chevy uses on the window sticker to describe that option, so it sounds like this car does have it. With Carvana, you have a few days to check the car over, so it seems pretty safe to go ahead. You can send it back if you're not satisfied. I don't know what CBT stands for.

Yea true, I could just send the car back if no SAE

^^ Thanks all for the replies! Boo

Already solved this (for the most part) and posted my solution. Using the 360 view on Carvana, and all doors & hood open, you can see the high voltage Orange cables at where the top of the radiator would be on an ICE vehicle you should be facing the driver's side to do this), if it's equipped w/ DCFC. Essentially this gives you the "peek" you need. You want to have a large screen at your disposal to view this. If you need further assistance, PM me, and I'll do the best to text you a screen shot or look it up.

-Mark

Hi Mark

I will try and post the engine pic on here today, I think it has the fast provisions. Silly Carvana just won't show the charge port up close, opened.

Thanks

g3ju1ev.jpg

Is this the pic angle/view needed to see the DCFC?

thanks

My car w/ DCFC

Lx0tFot.jpg

UUL82Lb.jpg

Spark EV on Carvana w/ DCFC

002BuVr.jpg

Orange cable just barely visible to the right of the black battery ground cable with white sticker/flag(?)

GnPAy9v.jpg

Thank you much for the pix, I know now what/where to look! I was getting confused when you were saying look in the area where am ICE cars' radiator would be.

I wish they would just open the charger port and snap a pic of that. Apparently most dealers do not know how important this is for a buyer of an EV.

They show wonderful pix of the seats though lol. Thanx again.

boo99 said:
I wish they would just open the charger port and snap a pic of that.

I bought mine from Carvana, even though they are as incompetent as regular dealerships, just less bs I'd involved.

Shockingly, a woman, who could have been a model, delivered mine. She was annoyed when I took 10 minutes to go through my vehicle check list and even more annoyed when I told her I was taking it for a 5 minute test drive. After doing the paperwork, I pointed out how I wished that Carvana would photograph the charging port. She called me a liar in different terms and got on her phone to prove it to me. She said, "Well, they're suppose to," and "I'll send out an email." This was late January 20, 2018.

TheLondonBroiler said:
boo99 said:
I wish they would just open the charger port and snap a pic of that.

I bought mine from Carvana, even though they are as incompetent as regular dealerships, just less bs I'd involved.

Shockingly, a woman, who could have been a model, delivered mine. She was annoyed when I took 10 minutes to go through my vehicle check list and even more annoyed when I told her I was taking it for a 5 minute test drive. After doing the paperwork, I pointed out how I wished that Carvana would photograph the charging port. She called me a liar in different terms and got on her phone to prove it to me. She said, "Well, they're suppose to," and "I'll send out an email." This was late January 20, 2018.

I had all surprisingly all good experiences SO FAR with Carvana.

I already went through 3 Fiat 500e's from them. (TWO wont charge up) I am actually in possession of the Fiat which Carvana is coming to swap in the AM for the Spark.

Also had a Leaf that degraded in the hot 105 deg. temps here within a week of sitting. The SOC dropped HUGE on a 5 mile trip which led me to trade it back in cause theres no TMS on Leafs. Really dumb Nissan engineering.

So the Spark has TMS and we have techs to repair it here if needed. I could not locate one here to fix the Fiat so it had to go back. Sad, cause I love that car but what good is an EV you cant charge? LOL

Anyways the charge port pic, as we discussed, should be a staple in ALL EV cars for sale, its SO important to know.

Now with the Fiat it was moot; they dont have QC. On the Leaf, for some strange but great reason, Carvana actually opened the charge port so one could see the QC option (Well on MOST Leafs on their site, mine included)

I will mention to Carvanas Tech dept/repair that the charge port pix are VERY important to an EV buyer to see.

Thanks much for all your support and pics!!

Have a great day.

AFZSqHW.jpg

Here is a pic of my car I will get.

I think where I circled is what you were talking about? Near the ICE radiator.

So it appears to have the DCQC based on this pic (I think)

What do you think? THANKS:)

Below is a pic I think might help others as well looking for the DCQC option.

Thanks to LondonBroiler for his ingenious method of determining this! :)

TfwgGfO.jpg

The left pic shows the lack of the orange cables on a car with NO DCFC

The right pic shows the orange cables on a car with DCFC

TheLondonBroiler said:
Your side by side photos illustrate this perfectly. Way to go!

Thank you

This is all thanks to you and your method determining this!!

I cant wait for my Spark to arrive at 10 AM tomorrow !

Thanks again for your input and help. Much appreciated :)

Got my car yesterday and LOVE it so far.

Yes, it definitely has DCFC and heres a pic charging at EVgo DCFC station yesterday.

There was a BMW i3 parked and NOT charging in the spot I needed so I had to maneuver the Spark into the CHAdeMO spot and pull the cable out some but it worked.

I promptly took a pic of the offenders' tag for parking in an EV spot without charging and posted it, with his tag #, on Plug Share.

Hopefully he wont be so selfish again :D

wLa2Q4y.jpg

Can anyone tell if this one has quick charge from this picture? I think I can see it but the Carvana pictures aren't very high res.

EtAWCeu.jpg

Thanks!

EDIT: Nevermind, I just messaged Chevy and they said it doesn't. I wish Carvana had that on their site.

scott1686 said:
Can anyone tell if this one has quick charge from this picture? I think I can see it but the Carvana pictures aren't very high resolution.

Thanks!

You need to use a desktop/laptop. Larger screen and I believe the full site has higher resolution pictures.

TheLondonBroiler said:
You need to use a desktop/laptop. Larger screen and I believe the full site has higher resolution pictures.

Yeah I'm on a desktop with a fairly big monitor and a full screen browser, but for some reason the pictures are very low quality when you start to zoom.

Back