Chevy Spark EV Forum

It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:26 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: First (and only) Failure @ 54k miles.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:20 pm 

PhilPen wrote:
.... I was reluctant to take it in because the GOM seemed to show no anomalous behavior at least here in the CT climate and I didn't want them to zero out my accumulate average miles/Kwh... my wife is pulling away from me there as it is.

I was also reluctant to have the recall done, but since it was in the shop I had them do it so they don't have anything to lecture me about.

So you and your wife are racing to the bottom? But why? All you have to do is drive really slow.... :(
Do you have Prius owners passing you giving you the finger? :lol:

Here is a copy of the spread sheet I use to log "The Dreaded Battery Degradation".
You need to start now to see if things are different after the recall SW update. I take 3 pics at shut down when >50% charge was used.
Then on a boring day I'll do data entry....

EDIT: Sorry, need to find a better way to share this thing....

Note:
It needs the '%' sign after the number you enter for '% Used'. Sometimes it does it automatically.
% of original Capacity is based on 19.5 kWh. (Can't remember where I finally found that...)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:48 pm 

Thanks for the spread sheet. I work as a teacher and during most of the year (except for summer) I drive the car to about 70-85% discharge every work day 72 mile round commute (my wife has a shorter 55 mile commute 50-65% discharge each day). We do Jekyll and Hyde driving (particularly me during the winter) on the commute we drive conservatively for range but at the weekend the traction control light get to blink and the Prius guys have to use their finger for a different reason. My battery capacity measurements to date have been sporadic I started with reading around 17.2 -17.6 (when I first got the car new) and now at 25 kmiles I'm getting 16.5-16.8. Both cars have DCFC but neither of us have ever used anything except level 2 charging so the batteries have been babied in that regard.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:59 am 

PhilPen wrote:
Thanks for the spread sheet.....

Is this spreadsheet working for others?

I tried opening the link and it gave some 'trash' msg, but when I got past that the spreadsheet works !

It is does the calculations when you put in displayed % used and kWh used. Just press enter with each input.

I hope others start using and posting results here , just so we know if our cars are acting normal