Coverking Seat Covers

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scott1686

I recently got the 2LT model, and with the hot and humid Florida weather, the leatherette was very sticky and sweaty. I finally caved in and bought the Coverking mesh seat covers. Here's a picture in case anyone's also considering that:

BLN4Ws6.jpg

So far I've only tried it out for a day but it seems to breathe a lot better.

And to answer some questions that you might have:
1. I got the 2LT instead of the 1LT because it had significantly less miles than any of the 1LTs on Carvana
2. Coverking doesn't actually have the 2015 Spark EV in its database, but I ordered for the 2015 Spark and it still fits correctly
3. It has flaps for the airbags in the seats so that they're not covered

Thanks for posting, looks nice! Which color option is this? I'm debating between the black/gray vs all black. The blue and red options seem a little too bright on their website.

hishnika said:
Thanks for posting, looks nice! Which color option is this? I'm debating between the black/gray vs all black. The blue and red options seem a little too bright on their website.

This is the black/gray option. You can get them to mail free samples of up to 5 materials, so you could see them in person if you wanted.

scott1686 said:
hishnika said:

This is the black/gray option. You can get them to mail free samples of up to 5 materials, so you could see them in person if you wanted.
The black and gray option would be great. How did you order what you received? I would like to duplicate your order.

MrDRMorgan said:
scott1686 said:
hishnika said:

The black and gray option would be great. How did you order what you received? I would like to duplicate your order.

I actually ordered through Costco since they seemed to have the best price. The Veloci-Vent is the same thing as Spacer Mesh from the Coverking site, so wherever you order from then just make sure you pick one of those two. Costco basically redirects you to a storefront that Coverking hosts, so Coverking still manufactures and ships it. Then I just selected 2015 Spark as the vehicle (they don't have the EV but the seats are the same), one row (my back seats are still leatherette), and then selected the black/gray option. It took about 3 weeks to come then if I remember correctly.

Thanks very much for posting the information about how to purchase the CoverKing seat covers. I have a Costco membership and I plan to purchase a set of covers for just the front seats in my 2014 and 2016 Spark EVs.

Added note: How difficult is it to install the front seat covers - especially the seat?

I installed mine last week (all black), took about an hour, taking my time. Definitely liked having the kevlar glove to dig under the seat. At first I didn't understand that the thin flappy material of the back cover that you push through the seat is supposed to wrap up the back of the seat so you can put the velcro on top of it to hold things nice and tight. Other than that everything was pretty self-explanatory. Some of the little side hooks for the seat cover can be pushed through the side of the seat cushion and attached to the larger straps under the seat. Overall not hard if you can stay on your knees for a few minutes.

hishnika said:
I installed mine last week (all black), took about an hour, taking my time. Definitely liked having the kevlar glove to dig under the seat. At first I didn't understand that the thin flappy material of the back cover that you push through the seat is supposed to wrap up the back of the seat so you can put the velcro on top of it to hold things nice and tight. Other than that everything was pretty self-explanatory. Some of the little side hooks for the seat cover can be pushed through the side of the seat cushion and attached to the larger straps under the seat. Overall not hard if you can stay on your knees for a few minutes.

Are you happy with the results? Do you have any pictures?

I tried taking pics but they all came out poor due to my tint and black seats. But I like them a lot. The spacer mesh material looks very nice to me, not at all cheap. For some reason the all-black seems like the closest to "factory" look to me, maybe because I also got black floor mats from costco. The main wins are that I no longer have a sweaty back after a drive, and I can swivel and get out easily since the material doesn't grab you like the vinyl does.

I actually liked them so much that I ordered some for my wife's (different) car with ailing leather seats.

hishnika said:
I tried taking pics but they all came out poor due to my tint and black seats. But I like them a lot. The spacer mesh material looks very nice to me, not at all cheap. For some reason the all-black seems like the closest to "factory" look to me, maybe because I also got black floor mats from costco. The main wins are that I no longer have a sweaty back after a drive, and I can swivel and get out easily since the material doesn't grab you like the vinyl does.

I actually liked them so much that I ordered some for my wife's (different) car with ailing leather seats.

That's great. Thanks for the reply.

Back