Another almost owner in Phx/Mesa AZ

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Engineear

Going to Carvana this morning to pick up a 2015 Blue LT1, no more leather/leatherette(French for phony)and DCFC. My 2015 BMW i3 goes off lease in 2 weeks and this will take its place in the garage next to our 2017 Blue Volt.
But, I was perusing the web last night and saw a silver 2015 Spark with half the miles! Will probably go from Carvana to the other place and see what they will do for me.
Then, another dealership nearby that I had inquired about a Spark a few weeks ago, sent me a video of a red one they've got.
So, I'll be searching around today but fairly certain I'll be coming home with one of these.

Picked up at Carvana yesterday, fun way to get a car. All is well except an odor they tried to mask is rather overpowering. Drove with the windows down to no avail. If the smell doesn't dissipate soon it will be going back. Good power and handles fine. Rear left tire warning came on, added air and all is well there. Tight turning radius. Brakes are fine though I read somewhere that an owner complained of them being mushy, not so.

When my wife and I were broke post-grad school, I accidentally bought a smokers car. We liberally applied baking soda to trunk and carpeting for a few weeks then vacuumed it up and that did the trick. FWIW

I don't want to add anything this rental week. Leaving windows open while in the side yard.all day. Hopefully it helps, otherwise..back it goes.
And, thanks hv707!

Returned the blue one with the odors. No problem, very easy, no pressure. The deposit should be returned Monday/Tuesday because of Thanksgiving weekend.
Drove half a mile up the road and got a silver 2015 LT2 with 14500 miles versus 28000 and was $800 cheaper,from Red Rock Auto. Very happy at the moment.
The car pulls to the right when releasing the accelerator pedal and then bit more when applying the brakes. Mike, the owner, said he'll take care of it next week.
Not a problem for him. Otherwise the car is great. Regen is good and of course great power.

Brought back to have Mike look at the pulling issue. He took to Big-O tire and was told the left front was wearing more than the right and instead of rebalancing he replaced the front tires at HIS COST! Unfortunately, they put on Indonesian Acellera tires that are no better. Talking with Mike after I picked up the car(he gave me a loaner to use while the switch was made, thanks for that)I asked him to replace those with the original Bridgestones and I'd split the cost with him. I also suggested to use Discount Tire for pricing, which he did, and found them to be cheaper than Big-O.

So, my cost will be $91, don't have an issue with that, for a new set of fronts, the back look new. If that doesn't fix it I'll be off to see about getting an alignment....which is probably what is needed.

Stay tuned...

New Bridgestones on the front make all the difference, tracts straight and true, what a difference. Have charged 3-4 times to 87-89 miles each time...wonderful.
Red Rock Auto Rocks! Thanks , Mike. Great experience!

Back