Lexani LXTR203 Tires - ~5,000 mile review

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheLondonBroiler

Thought I'd follow up on these relatively inexpensive gems. They came recommended by the "hole in the wall" tire shop I frequent, and since they've never steered me wrong, I bit. $75 per tire, $150 for the front pair OTD.

Initially, efficiency numbers suffered, noise & ride seemed no different, traction/handling improved. After ~2,000 miles (a month of driving for me), efficiency had gotten better. Occasionally I've seen some trip numbers doing local driving, where wind and elevation aren't really factors, that just boggle the mind 9+mpkwh. On the highway, it still doesn't seem quite as good as ecopias, but that could just be imaginary.

Overall, I recommend these tires.

https://www.amazon.com/Lexani-LXTR-203-All-Season-Radial-Tire-185/dp/B076ZSD82R

Also available to order @ some Wal-Mart Auto Centers & perhaps your local tire shop.

aj1gbJU.jpg

well good news and bad news.. the good news is the tire is now $33 from amazon!!! i bought 2. the bad news is you slightly overpaid. I really really need front tires so im hoping this is the ticket. I couldnt find much info on this and amazon has 0 ratings. Im wondering if these tires are LRR (Low rolling resistance) the most i was ever able to get was 7 miles per kwh but that was dumb luck on the stock ecopias.

LiLspark said:
the bad news is you slightly overpaid. I really really need front tires so im hoping this is the ticket.

I did overpay a bit it appears, but still saved a good chunk over buying ecopias. Once they "break in" a bit, efficiency gets better (in my experience it did).

TheLondonBroiler said:
LiLspark said:
the bad news is you slightly overpaid. I really really need front tires so im hoping this is the ticket.

I did overpay a bit it appears, but still saved a good chunk over buying ecopias. Once they "break in" a bit, efficiency gets better (in my experience it did).

I have a different experience in the 4th day of ownership, while i paid $66 out the door for 2 tires these have thr worst range known to man.. on my bald stock ecopias i could get around easily 6+ Kw per hour and on the lower end i was around upper 5s..

Now these Lexani give a solid 3.8 Im lucky as hell to get 5 but i have to totally grandma it meaning like hold up traffic on the freeway going 40 MPH to get 5. Or more accurately 4.8. Now with that being said these tires have a max KW per hour of 5!!!! yes 5. The same driving habit on my ecopias i was getting 6-7 and I got better regen for sure. So yeah I learned my lesson avoid lexani i get less range less regen for now.

Live and learn so this is my experience wandering outside of a LRR which is and will be my first and last. I rely on range and now my car gets 10-15 miles less range. Lexani is just not capable of getting higher than 5 which blows my freaking mind. Ive mastered the whole guess o meter nonsense since i have a 2nd gen volt. in 2015.

Maybe its like you said i need to literally drive 2,000 miles to achieve better range in these tires. for now day 4 and 300 miles just suck, but at least my car doesnt slip on the road (traction control light warning) and the car doesnt shake at 50+ mph. so this solved those 2 and it was $66 and I needed something safe but when these suckers die oooh yeah kumho soleus here i come!!!

TheLondonBroiler said:
Initially, efficiency numbers suffered....

After ~2,000 miles (a month of driving for me), efficiency had gotten better. Occasionally I've seen some trip numbers doing local driving, where wind and elevation aren't really factors, that just boggle the mind 9+mpkwh. On the highway, it still doesn't seem quite as good as ecopias, but that could just be imaginary.

Once they "break in" a bit, efficiency gets better (in my experience it did).

LiLspark said:
I have a different experience in the 4th day of ownership, while i paid $66 out the door for 2 tires these have thr worst range known to man.. on my bald stock ecopias i could get around easily 6+ Kw per hour and on the lower end i was around upper 5s..

Now these Lexani give a solid 3.8 Im lucky as hell to get 5 but i have to totally grandma it meaning like hold up traffic on the freeway going 40 MPH to get 5. Or more accurately 4.8. Now with that being said these tires have a max KW per hour of 5!!!! yes 5. The same driving habit on my ecopias i was getting 6-7 and I got better regen for sure. So yeah I learned my lesson avoid lexani i get less range less regen for now.

Live and learn so this is my experience wandering outside of a LRR which is and will be my first and last. I rely on range and now my car gets 10-15 miles less range. Lexani is just not capable of getting higher than 5 which blows my freaking mind. Ive mastered the whole guess o meter nonsense since i have a 2nd gen volt. in 2015.

Maybe its like you said i need to literally drive 2,000 miles to achieve better range in these tires. for now day 4 and 300 miles just suck, but at least my car doesnt slip on the road (traction control light warning) and the car doesnt shake at 50+ mph. so this solved those 2 and it was $66 and I needed something safe but when these suckers die oooh yeah kumho soleus here i come!!!

I look forward to your update in 3,000+ miles (although warmer weather will skew results).

TheLondonBroiler said:
TheLondonBroiler said:
Initially, efficiency numbers suffered....

After ~2,000 miles (a month of driving for me), efficiency had gotten better. Occasionally I've seen some trip numbers doing local driving, where wind and elevation aren't really factors, that just boggle the mind 9+mpkwh. On the highway, it still doesn't seem quite as good as ecopias, but that could just be imaginary.

Once they "break in" a bit, efficiency gets better (in my experience it did).

LiLspark said:

I look forward to your update in 3,000+ miles (although warmer weather will skew results).

yeah its been warmer lately here in so cal... cmon 3k miles!! :D

Back