Wheel/tire upgrade

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey. Old thread, but it helped me so I'm posting another data point.

Avanti Storm S1 flow formed wheels
15x7 et35 73mm bore10.5 lbs

https://www.good-win-racing.com/Mazda-Performance-Part/61-1400.html
(Fyi, miatas up to 2005 have very similar wheel specs)

BFG GeForce Sport Comp 2
195 55 15 340 AA A

I would have gone with 205 50 15, but didn't find a suitable tire. Maybe better that I didn't for efficiency.

They are swappable front to back, need no spacers, and clear all components on a stock height car.

UGX9m63h.jpg

II need advice on which tires to put on. I have a treat for all Spark EV owners. I think we should take aSpark EV and Bolt to the Nurburgring?

Any interest?

Reviving an old thread but it helped me also.

You can upgrade wheels and tires to different widths without the need for spaces and without rubbing issues as long as you compensate with the offset. Tire size calculators and offset calculators work wonders.

Ideally I wanted to run 16x7 205/45R16 but couldn't find a set of flow formed wheels at my price point. Only options were from Enkei but they costed more than what I wanted to spend and there weren't any used ones for sale in my area.

Found a few nice 17x7 wheels but I would have had to run 195/40R17 or 205-40R17 but didn't wan't the rougher ride quality of 40-series tires at that width.

So I ended up with 15x7 wheels running 205/50R15.

Wheels:
Konig Dial-in - DI5710035G 15x7 4x100 ET35 Matte Grey 73.1 Center Bore, Flow Formed, 10.9 lbs each

Tires:
Continental ExtremeContact Sport - 205/50R15 - P/N 15507030000 - 340-AA-A 86W - 17.76 lbs each

ITM Uni-Sensor TPMS Sensors (08002HP)

Stock Ride Height. Everything else in the car is stock so far.

Here are the photos:

IMG_9502.jpg

IMG_9503.jpg

IMG_9504.jpg

IMG_9505.jpg

IMG_9506.jpg

IMG_9510.jpg

IMG_9511.jpg

IMG_9529.jpg

Wow, I have the exact same wheels! I bought them used with tires and have run them for quite a while now.
Bought them from a fellow Spark EV owner that was leaving town. They had the wrong TPMS sensors and needed the hub centric rings listed below.
Can't remember the tire brand but they are 195's front and rear.
Mine were gadawful gold. I couldn't do that,,, so I sprayed them with a granite colored 'dip' product I ordered from the 'depot'.

Only I added these hub centric rings so the install is by the book: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B071GRVV8Y/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These wheels and tires are SO MUCH lighter than the stock wheels and tires.
I recently bought cheap chinese front tires. I remounted the original 6 yr old rear tires which only had ~ 5k miles on them.
I have been running these for < 1k miles. I'm going to swap back to the Konig's this weekend to run out the tires before the first snow.
I just got a replacement TPMS relearn tool. I hope this one works as advertised....

(What 'public server' are you using to post pics? I haven't been able to do it since photobucket changed...)

NORTON said:
Only I added these hub centric rings so the install is by the book: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B071GRVV8Y/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

(What 'public server' are you using to post pics? I haven't been able to do it since photobucket changed...)

Yeah I couldn't believe how light the wheels and tires were when I picked them up!
Do you have any problems with plasti-dip at the car wash? I took plasti-dipped wheels to the car wash once on a car I used to own and it wasn't a pretty sight. It got plastic gunk all over my tires and some went on the body of the car. Not sure if the guy I bought the wheels from dipped them himself or got someone to do it.

I have yet to get hub centric rings but are next on the list for purchase. I was going to see if I encountered any wobble first. And the tire shop didn't have that particular rare size in stock. After the installation at the tire shop, I noticed some vibration only at highway speeds so I went home to try to re-center the wheels by hand torque wrench but it still vibrated at speeds over 100km/h.

The 'public server' I used to link the pics is my work's website. I do all the web design and updates for our family business so I just uploaded the photos there.

Anyone else have any pics of some 16" wheels they were able to mount on their Spark? I just picked up a 2016 with 7k miles, and I can't wait to get a new set of wheels. I traded in my Fiat 500e, and I'm missing it's looks... but not it's handing, and feel. This thing is much smoother, and feel much better mput together.

Thanks

This reminds me that I need to sell my Konig Dial-ins with 205 50 15 Dunlop DZ101 tires that we used to have on our former Spark EV for 1 summer

Back