SOLD

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our other Spark EV is registered in Arizona that we received plates for 5 years so the plates don't expire until December 2023 (we renewed last year in December)

Our Spark EV registered here in Illinois has plates that expire this December 2019 in comparison.

I live in AZ and will renew plates in November. On my 2017 Volt and 1998 Land Rover Discovery 1 the state offers a 2 year option. Are you saying with an EV the state offers a 5 year option? I might do that. And, if I read correctly, the plates are much cheaper than ICE. What did you pay for a 5 year plate?

On my 1st 2014 Spark EV I bought in 2017 in Arizona, I renewed my plates in December 2018 for 5 years and it cost me $33. They will now expire December 2023 (Arizona plates) so YES, with an EV, you get the option to renew for 5 years since there is never an Emissions test required.

NOTE, however, the 1st year I only got to renew the plates for 1 year and 1 month.. something to do with how the previous owner (also in Arizona) had them registered and I had to go with that. The 5 year option was on my 2nd renewal and at that point I was given the option of 1 year, 2 years or 5 years. I opted for the 5 year deal. Hard to say no to only $33 for 5 years!

Back