Check Engine Light - Code P0713

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NORTON said:
Clearly the temp sensor or the wiring has something wrong.
I doubt it is a serious problem.
But if you have a warranty,, why not! :)
The next time the code pops up, I will have the dealer take care of it as long as it does not cost me anything but time. I use TorquePro to monitor the temperature before and after clearing the code. This last time, I had -10 deg. C after the code was cleared.

One question I do have relates to what, if anything, these bogus temperature readings have on the car's performance. That temperature is monitored for a reason.

MrDRMorgan said:
One question I do have relates to what, if anything, these bogus temperature readings have on the car's performance. That temperature is monitored for a reason.
It may be that it is only a warning system for when the cooling system or oil supply is leaking out and getting hot.
A way of saying "stop now, or destroy something"...

Although it is a good question.
But what can it do if the ATF is really that cold?
Mine may have gotten that cold this winter..... :cry: It didn't stop me or the car ! :)

NORTON said:
MrDRMorgan said:
It may be that it is only a warning system for when the cooling system or oil supply is leaking out and getting hot.
A way of saying "stop now, or destroy something"...

Although it is a good question.
But what can it do if the ATF is really that cold?
Mine may have gotten that cold this winter..... :cry: It didn't stop me or the car ! :)
I have also seen the other end: +90 deg. C which, when the code is cleared, shows about 25 to 30 deg. C. This seems to only happen in very hot weather so I expect to see it again. Then it will be off to the dealer to see if they can fix it and not screw it up.

Back