IPhone problem with Apple Maps on Mylink

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidbike

I use Apple Maps as my main GPS direction finder. The problem is, when I use the USB port to charge the iphone (and use it as the source for podcasts, etc), the vocal direction commands on Maps goes silent. The map on the screen still works, but no audible directions. — I’ve tried all sorts of settings on MyLink and the phone, and nothing seems to work so far. Suggestions would be welcome.

David
2015 Spark EV

Try using a USB cable that only charges. If can't find one get a Lighter charger adapter or modify your cable leaving connected only the power lines

I ended up solving it by going to "audio" on Apple Maps and choosing iphone instead of Mylink. It's a bit of a pain to do every time, but it works. Thanks.

I know what’s happening. The phone paired to the car, and is sending all sound to the car. But if you don’t have the source for your entertainment set to Bluetooth, you won’t hear the sound. Try that, let me know.

Back