Trouble code P1E6E: battery 67 circuit

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pizzajig

I have a 2015 Spark EV with about 35K miles that is logging a P1E6E trouble code. It first illuminated the service light a week ago and I reset it to see what it would do. Today it came back, same code. The code indicates that it has detected a low voltage condition in battery cell BO (67) . Otherwise the car drives and charges fine.

How bad is this code? On the one hand I'm reluctant to take it to the dealer because I'm worried they'll just charge me $$$ to read and clear the code and then shrug and blame my charger since the car otherwise seems fine. On the other hand does this sound like the kind of serious failure that might be covered under the battery warranty?

This sounds like something that should be covered by the warranty. Our Volt was at the shop recently because the Battery Energy Control Module was malfunctioning and it couldn't read the voltages on all the cells so it wouldn't let us drive the car. The rental we had during the time was reimbursed as well since it was under warranty. I'd get it checked out so you don't get stranded or do any damage to your car.

Dealer service department says the error code is due to a dead OnStar module: approximately $1,000 to replace and reprogram. I had known the OnStar module was dead but I didn't really think it was an issue because I will never use OnStar. Also, the only other symptoms that I was aware of were no BlueTooth microphone, no compass in the instrument cluster, and no programmable charging features so I considered it not worth replacing.

I OK'd the repair because I want reliable OBD2 information but I'm somewhat skeptical that the issues are really related.

Back