Battery Warranty is bogus

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cappuccinokid

2015 Spark EV brochure states:

Battery limited warranty Spark EV battery and specific
electric drive components are covered for 100,000 miles/8 years
(whichever comes first). The Spark EV battery warranty covers
161 battery components in addition to the thermal management
system
, charging system and electric drive components. See
dealer for details

I had a check systems light (code P1F58) and dealer diagnosed it as a faulty battery cooling system valve
https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oem-parts/gm-control-valve-95072566

Chevy claims that this is part of "emissions" and is not covered by the battery warranty.

I asked them "what emissions are you speaking of?"

Anyone know a way to escalate this within GM?

GM Customer service calls and emails.
GM's various EV twitter feeds. Post what you said here, briefly.
Facebook GM EV user groups.
Etc, Etc,,, make noise.

Fight the good fight.
Good Luck !

How do they expect to sell new EV's when they treat current EV owners like this?

I have these same trouble codes - P1E00 and P1F58 and haven't taken to dealer yet - primarily because the MIL goes out after I drive a few cycles and stays out for about 2 weeks to a month before the lamp appears again. Today it seems to stay on so am thinking I need to take it in. Did you ever resolve this?

I have seen Chevy reply to some complaints on the Chevrolet EV Facebook group. You might try that. I will if I don't get satisfaction.

After posting @ChevyElectric on Twitter, my case was escalated and I got a voicemail from Chevy yesterday informing me that the dealership agreed to pay for the repair.

I seem to get the code when I start the car right after a full charge. It never comes on while driving.

I should be thrilled that my repair is covered except that I don't trust their diagnosis. They want to replace a valve and I doubt the problem is mechanical. I'm afraid after they do "open heart surgery" that the problem will recur.

I'll let you know after the repair how things go.

Good job on calling in the Mothership !! :)

Hopefully field service engineers will be calling the shots and not the local yocals on your repair.
I wish dealerships were encouraged to get tech support at the first sign of an EV repair being over their heads. :cry:

"Re: Battery Warranty is bogus
Quote cappuccinokid
by cappuccinokid » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:06 am

After posting @ChevyElectric on Twitter, my case was escalated and I got a voicemail from Chevy yesterday informing me that the dealership agreed to pay for the repair.

I seem to get the code when I start the car right after a full charge. It never comes on while driving.

I should be thrilled that my repair is covered except that I don't trust their diagnosis. They want to replace a valve and I doubt the problem is mechanical. I'm afraid after they do "open heart surgery" that the problem will recur.

I'll let you know after the repair how things go."

so how did the repair go? thanks

Back