Trying to decide and wanted some insight from owners. Spark vs 500e?

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NORTON said:
MrDRMorgan said:
I just roll down the driver's window a bit and plug my charger into the OBD2 port to charge my car's 12v AGM battery and disulfate the battery. ...
Great idea !!
I just ordered a bare OBD2 connector and the 2pin connector that is inline on my Batteryminder charger.
I can now treat all my car batteries easily to a little topping up and the ol' desulfation routine, without latching directly onto the 12V battery.
One of the gassers doesn't get used much.
When I ordered my charger from BatteryMinder, I also ordered a 25 ft extension cable and the adapter for the OBD2 port. I have the charger mounted on the wall and just run the cable to either of the two Spark EVs in my garage. So far, it has worked great.

NORTON said:
MrDRMorgan said:
I just roll down the driver's window a bit and plug my charger into the OBD2 port to charge my car's 12v AGM battery and disulfate the battery. ...
Great idea !!
I just ordered a bare OBD2 connector and the 2pin connector that is inline on my Batteryminder charger.
I can now treat all my car batteries easily to a little topping up and the ol' desulfation routine, without latching directly onto the 12V battery.
One of the gassers doesn't get used much.

Yeah, tell me about it. My wife and I "discuss" who will be doing what at which time, so as to share the EV. The gasmobile just doesn't get driven much anymore (only for longer trips, pretty much). I plug the gasser into a battery charger once a month - somewhat ironic, eh?

Back