Greenlots ?

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidM

Anyone have a Greenlots RFID card ? I ordered online - $9 mid October. Called the 1-800 number a month ago . Still haven't received yet .

green lots is a joke, I couldnt get the free chargers to work.. support was nice but worthless. had this been the only charger it would a 15 mile walk home

I don't think I ever got a card. I could create a free account and use their app, so I did. It was more of "an emergency situation" sub for me, as there aren't a lot of GreenLots stations in my area (SF Bay area) - mostly at Kia dealers. Most of them have broken since, and haven't been fixed. There were quite a few in the Sacramento area. Heck, I signed up with any vendor where I could get a free account (including SemaCharge and GE!!). That was the bad old days, when you had to go searching for DCFCs and really plan your routes around the few fast chargers that were available.

Now, what with the Electrify America chargers, and the CEC (Calif energy Commission) -funded sites along the major routes and many of the secondary routes, it isn't so bad in California anymore for travel via (non-Tesla) EVs. I mainly only used ChargePoint DCFCs (about 95% of the time) because they were the most prevalent where I live and drive (and cheaper than EVgo). Heck, driving to Vegas is easy in a Bolt now (even from SF); several other charging sites have opened besides the Baker site in SoCal. Driving to Vegas used to be a "hit or miss" (hope you have good luck, drive at 55 with no A/C and hope there isn't a headwind). Now, several sites in/around Baker, the new EA site in Mojave, and the emergency "DCFC charger in Jean will allow me to limp to Vegas if I need it". That site was a god-send when it went live several months ago - peace of mind for the weary traveller.

Anyhow, back to greenlots - if you have their app on the phone you can charge whenever you have cell reception.

I recommend being "risk averse" and getting all the free accounts that you can (by that, I mean no charge to become a member) - having that app on your phone may save your bacon some day. And I prioritized (which ones to get first) by using plugshare to list the DCFC chargers where I live and drive, single company /network) by single company, one after the other, and looking at the map. I thus easily identified the companies that had the most chargers (EVgo and ChargePoint for me) and then "other companies" that had installs in places I might be (like Richmond, CA and Sacramento).

OK. I have the App. Not optimistic about getting the card or a refund on it.

BTW, in Ontario / Canada . myEVroute is an unreliable Charging network. Poor customer service. Got government funding several years ago.

And just found mention ,; Chargepoint and Greenlots have a roaming agreement for the past year.

Has anyone used a Chargepoint RFID card at a Greenlots charging station ?

I use Chargepoint chargers the most. Greenlots are rare in my area.

Google reference to a Chargepoint / Flo roaming agreement too.

I have accidently used my Chargepoint card at a Flo charger ..... didn't work.

Will wonders never cease !!!

Last week I got a $9 refund on my credit card .

Today my Greenlots RFID card arrived .... from Calgary CANADA

Great !

Card is purple ..... seems more logical to have a Greenlots card .... green ?

But I don't have a degree in marketing.

Back