Spark EV Battery-Control Unit

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparkzilla

Has any one ever experience these parts leaking coolant? I've called the dealership and apparently you have to buy the whole thing to replace just those parts!! Craziness! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Oh its for a 2016 Spark EV

7fe57b789938030f9d671f047092b203

Sparkzilla said:
Has any one ever experience these parts leaking coolant? I've called the dealership and apparently you have to buy the whole thing to replace just those parts!! Craziness! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Oh its for a 2016 Spark EV

7fe57b789938030f9d671f047092b203
Check and see if this is covered by the warranty. Seems to me that is should be covered.

It sure sounds like the "Battery-Control Unit" is part of the "battery" system, and should be covered by the warranty.

Personally, I would contact GM and NOT ask *if* it is covered, but how you need to proceed to make sure there are no hickups in getting a warranty replacement.

SparkE said:
It sure sounds like the "Battery-Control Unit" is part of the "battery" system, and should be covered by the warranty.

Personally, I would contact GM and NOT ask *if* it is covered, but how you need to proceed to make sure there are no hickups in getting a warranty replacement.
Make sure the dealer you select has technicians trained to service Chevy EV electronics - especially the HV battery components and wiring. 400 VDC can be deadly if not handled correctly.

Back