Official Spark EV service manual

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doesn't seem to be available for purchase anymore. I know it was mentioned someone made this into a PDF format. Anyone willing to offer it for download or reasonable purchase price?

Thanks for considering.

I think it might come down to access websites now.

I'm thinking about trying either www.alldata.com $20/mo per vehicle (or $30/year!!) or www.repairprocedures.com/ $15/day for all vehicles at their shortest, lowest risk subscriptions, or $50/week, etc (pricy for the individual). Alldata has the advantage because of the great value of the subscription, although there's no way to preview the content and piece together what you'll be paying for. Their repair procedures are claimed to be unedited from the manufacturer, so potentially the original GM service manual was scanned and uploaded, then categorized.

The content at RepairProcedures.com is also behind a paywall, but they actually allow you to go through the service manual categories and sub-category names on their web-based tree dropdown system, and you get a faint preview of the contents. Because it's only 24 hour access for $15 and $50 for a week, I would be figuring out the scope of work for my repair/replace, then systematically take screencaps/notes of the pages I access so I can refer to them after time runs out.

Hope this helps.

Nashco said:
The official 2014 Spark EV service manual is now available for us common folk to purchase. If you're interested in getting a copy, it's Helm item number GMP14SEV and it's currently only available in paper form. I ordered mine at http://www.helminc.com and received it in less than a week.

15704922762_429f771b9e_c.jpg

It's not a light read! I plan to bring mine to Kinko's, have the binding removed, scan it into PDF format, and make a text searchable file out of it. I've done this in the past and it is well worth the few hours extra for tinkerers like me to save time in the long run and have a digital file instead of lugging books around. If anybody is interested in a good method to do the same digitizing with your manuals, let me know. Also, please don't ask, of course I won't be sharing my PDFs! Aside from obvious legal reasons, I also want Helm to sell every copy imaginable to make up for the hassle of GM and Helm making this book available for such a low volume car!

Bryce
What is the cost for the manual? Also, could you check to see if it says anything about problems with the transmission fluid temperature sensor. Mine is having a fit (2014 Spark EV).

Thanks.

Back