IF GM REALLY reads this, please read...others plz add things

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tigger19687

Just in case GM/Chevy REALLY Reads these threads....

... I wanted to start one that lets you know what WE (the people who love EV's) want !

1) COLOR ... can I say that louder. Green. Red. Bright Blue (not baby/powder). Those of us with Snow don't like White/Black/Charcoal colors... it doesn't stay clean. Make it FUN !!! ADDED, The Purple color. Maybe just make ALL the colors the ICE Spark has

2) inside all one color... NOT baby blue

3) Fast J1772 Combo charger, Standard on all.

4) Keep a Cheap price or it will not sell.

5) Make is available faster. there are people in other ZEV states that would Love to have this car. Don't wait till Winter is almost here to put it out ..... Make the 2015 available in other ZEV states by July. (I know that is pushing it)

ADDED 6) the 6.6kW charger

I Really want this car... but if there is not Green, I will actually pass.....sadly. I might get the Golf-E or something that has Color, comfy seats and more storage room in the back.

All the people that I know that Have or Want an EV, Want COLOR. It has to be FUN !

tigger19687 said:

I Really want this car... but if there is not Green, I will actually pass.....sadly. I might get the Golf-E or something that has Color, comfy seats and more storage room in the back.

All the people that I know that Have or Want an EV, Want COLOR. It has to be FUN !

You could paint any car. If a big boot / trunk is important, a Chevy Spark is not your car anyway!!!

TonyWilliams said:
tigger19687 said:

You could paint any car. If a big boot / trunk is important, a Chevy Spark is not your car anyway!!!

Tony, the Trunk is so tiny in the Spark, even when you compare it to the other EV's out there.
The Golf-E will have a good size trunk AND a Very nice Blue color, better softer seats and more room.

Why paint over a good paint job ? Why pay MORE to strip a color off and start all over again?
Just offer the Color.
My point is that most people want COLOR for a "Fun" car like the Spark. I think that from a SELLING point, you would want to give Customers more Choices... that gives you more people that would be interested.

My MAIN vehicle is a Ford F-350 Diesel .... I don't NEED a truck.
But it would be good to have a SPARE, or at least be able to put one in there !

I think that from a SELLING point, you would want to give Customers more Choices... that gives you more people that would be interested.

That's assuming that they actually want to sell them - still a compliance vehicle as far as I'm concerned...

rockytt said:
I think that from a SELLING point, you would want to give Customers more Choices... that gives you more people that would be interested.

That's assuming that they actually want to sell them - still a compliance vehicle as far as I'm concerned...

True. I still have not heard for sure when they are letting them out to other states.

I just wanted to start a thread In Case they were reading this.

People want this car. I think it is better formulated then other EV's.
They could sell a bunch here in Boston, but they need to offer color, not blah :)

tigger19687 said:
People want this car.
Not in very large numbers vs. the rest of the EV/PHEV market. See http://insideevs.com/monthly-plug-in-sales-scorecard/.
tigger19687 said:
Are you talking about having J1772 CCS (aka Combo1 aka SAE Combo) DC FC equipment standard? If so, hope you realize the closest one to you is in Georgia and AFAIK, it's the only 1 in the East Coast. For DC fast charging, the charger is NOT on-board the car (unlike L1 and L2 J1772 AC charging).

They're MUCH better off putting on a 6.x kW on-board charger. All of its competitors w/4+ seats currently sold have 6.x+ kW either standard or an option.

I'd really like to see this car go more mainstream and be sold across the country, in that lovely grape ice color too. I'd also like to see it promoted. Outside of a couple of billboards when it first came out I've seen no advertising at all. I consistently hear "Chevy makes an electric?".

But realize this is a compliance car. A fine one but a compliance car none the less. If it weren't for government mandates the General wouldn't make it at all. Not getting political but some mandates have good results.

Every Spark EV sold means a dealer looses money on service down the line. Look at the service schedule, it's minimal, and there's nothing to power-flush at a huge profit. And it's a fact that service makes more for the dealership than new car sales. (The two most profitable people for the dealership are the service writer and the F&I man) And as far as the new car sales go, in the General's mindset, every Spark EV sold means a more profitable car (Sonic, Cruze, Malibu, or even an Impala) doesn't get sold.

It's going to take a long time to kill the spirit of Bob (we need more hummers) Lutz at Chevy.

cwerdna said:
tigger19687 said:
People want this car.
Not in very large numbers vs. the rest of the EV/PHEV market. See http://insideevs.com/monthly-plug-in-sales-scorecard/.
tigger19687 said:
Are you talking about having J1772 CCS (aka Combo1 aka SAE Combo) DC FC equipment standard? If so, hope you realize the closest one to you is in Georgia and AFAIK, it's the only 1 in the East Coast. For DC fast charging, the charger is NOT on-board the car (unlike L1 and L2 J1772 AC charging).

They're MUCH better off putting on a 6.x kW on-board charger. All of its competitors w/4+ seats currently sold have 6.x+ kW either standard or an option.

Yes, that is one to add... 6.6 kW on-board charger.

The Yes, the L3 J1772 CCS. That way you will have the option to really QC your vehicle in 20-30 min ...
In the future when they are more available this is a must have and should be included
Not sure what you mean buy not having it. It is the extra 2 "holes" on the J1772 plug that lets you plug into a real QC machine ( not at home).
Called the L3 J1772 Combo Quick Charge.

If EV's really get off the ground I want to be able to plug in for 20 min and go when I am out and about.

Really no point is having to plug into a L1 or L2 and have to sit there all day to get a decent charge KWIM ?

EMV, Yes I would buy it if it came with that Purple color.

shhhh, don't tell the dealers.

tigger19687 said:

The Yes, the L3 J1772 CCS. That way you will have the option to really QC your vehicle in 20-30 min ...
In the future when they are more available this is a must have and should be included
Not sure what you mean buy not having it. It is the extra 2 "holes" on the J1772 plug that lets you plug into a real QC machine ( not at home).
I'm not sure what you mean by the bolded part. What I meant about L1 and L2 AC charging over J1772-2009 is that in those cases, the charger is on-board the car. For DC fast charging, it's not but rather in the large external unit. See http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=262630#p262630. The principles are the same.

There's more to equipping a car for DC FCing than just 2 extra holes at the inlet. I'm sure there's at least an inlet change and likely another/a different wiring harness + other hardware.

Exterior color choice is pathetic. My family, friends and coworkers all agree. Not like the ICE version is much better since those are marketed to a different demographic. Spark EV is borrowing from the Civic GX and Ford CV fleet mentality.

Headrests are intentionally uncomfortable. I know the Spark is designed conservatively for vehicle impact/collision. But, figure out a way around it. Pivoting headrests, circumvent by reversing.. something. My only option has been to swap Spark headrest with a BMW headrest. Doesn't quite fit right. At least there not "tamper proof" like VW's.

Interior plastic-craptastic out of a Tron movie. Why would any designer draw attention to the hard plastic by creating a smooth texture and painting it blue? At least mold it in black with texture... sheesh.

cwerdna said:
tigger19687 said:

I'm not sure what you mean by the bolded part. What I meant about L1 and L2 AC charging over J1772-2009 is that in those cases, the charger is on-board the car. For DC fast charging, it's not but rather in the large external unit. See http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=262630#p262630. The principles are the same.

There's more to equipping a car for DC FCing than just 2 extra holes at the inlet. I'm sure there's at least an inlet change and likely another/a different wiring harness + other hardware.

Not sure why that bolded, it was not meant to be.

I know how the charging works, not sure why it is turning into a beating of a dead horse, or maybe you are not getting my point......
My thing is that Chevy SAYS the Spark EV can do the Fast DC QC, hence the reason they are making the J1772 Combo (or what ever you want to call it.).
I am only saying that they should make this Standard. 20 min charging when you are around town is really the best way.

Back