Climate control grayed out

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RichV

Was taking the Spark to lunch the other day when I noticed the climate control temperature, settings, and power consumption was all grayed out or not displayed. All the buttons appeared to respond normally, but the displays were not functioning. After lunch when I returned the the car, all was well.

Likely some sort of software glitch. Anyone else experience this with their Spark?

I've had the center display be black on startup more than once. I've also had the display hang up once where it just wouldn't respond to anything. All of the controls from other buttons on the dash/wheel worked as expected, just not the center display. Shutting the car off and turning it back on always makes the problem go away. I assume it's software issues rather than a problem with the display itself, but it's hard to say. Annoying, but not worth my time bringing it to the dealer's attention since I can't find a rhyme or reason for it, so I can't repeat it for them on command.

Bryce

RichV said:
Was taking the Spark to lunch the other day when I noticed the climate control temperature, settings, and power consumption was all grayed out or not displayed. All the buttons appeared to respond normally, but the displays were not functioning. After lunch when I returned the the car, all was well.

Likely some sort of software glitch. Anyone else experience this with their Spark?

Yup, there's a post on this section of the forums about this very issue. one user had their software upgraded. I plan to take mine in when I have time but its been intermittent. Try disconnecting the battery for 10 mins.

Back