How many miles on your Saprk EV

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
markcmann said:
I've had my Spark EV since 7/3/2013 and I already have a whooping 16,910 miles driven! So I'm basically screwed on the lease mileage but oh well it is what it is... ;)

And that's why we bought ours. :) Now I have an incentive to put as many miles on it as possible (which is what I would do anyway, TBH.) Currently at 10K since late January 2014 (don't remember the exact date,) so I expect around 18K/year.

I'm just about to hit 14,000. Bought in Feb of this year, not leased as I knew I would blow thru the mileage cap.
-Corwin

I am at 14,532 miles since April 5th. With it being in the shop for 3 weeks due to someone rear ending me. Compared to the 14mpg I was getting in my suburban I am saving quite a bit of money. I now pay $18 a week for 91 express lanes versus almost $60 in my truck. I spend about $50 a month charging at home. Free at work. Plus $561 a month for my payment. I used to spend $800 a month in gas for my 120 mile round trip work commute. $561 + $72 + $50 + $50. $733 per month for payment + fast trak + electricity + insurance difference. Versus $800 in gas and $240 for fast trak. $307 in savings. This is before I apply the $10k I am getting in rebates toward my payments. I guess having a crazy commute is finally paying off.

Just went over 16K miles. Leased one year ago.

I'm screwed on the 12K annual lease miles. At this rate, I will have to return it in 2.3 years. I will buy the next one for sure. Never imagined I would enjoy driving an electric car so much. Goes so well with my solar panels :mrgreen:

Just passed the 20k mark last week. 7 and a half months in. Does anyone have higher mileage? I want to know if mpge goes down. By driving in L i have actually increased my mpge from 129 to 132. I started this about 3000 miles ago. Can others post their lifetime mpge and total miles?

Well, your MPGe shouldn't go down regardless of how many miles you have put on the battery, unless your driving habits have changed. I would expect to see a loss of range after a while though, however I'm not sure at what point it will begin to be noticeable.

6500 miles, 111 lifetime mpge. I have a 20 mile (one way) commute to school and back home, charging at both locations. 90% of that is on the freeway at speeds of 65+ so... yeah. From what I've read I'm a lot more heavy footed than most of these drivers here, also I replaced the stock front tires with slightly stickier yokohamas so that may have an impact.

8 miles on the odometer...
I then bought it and drove it 51 miles home...59 miles!

The computer showed 71 mile range...
I drove the mixed 51 miles home very conservatively
...and it still showed 30 mile range.

Cool car!

I am quite impressed with the build quality!
Seems very well engineered and executed.

2015 1LT White & Electric Blue

I got my car in Jan 2014 and I have 14,000 miles I love my car. I wish I had bought it not leased it. I drive 90 miles each way to work.

karenspolly said:
I got my car in Jan 2014 and I have 14,000 miles I love my car. I wish I had bought it not leased it. I drive 90 miles each way to work.
Wow, 90 miles each way. How many bars do you have when you have left when you get to work/home?

I just reached 20,000, (averaging 15k/year -- glad I got the extended mileage on the lease!) not bad at all for the little Spark. Loss of range has been negligible. I've also mastered how to squeeze every kWh out of this thing and rarely get range anxiety -- though I still wonder if I may get stuck some day but flying too close to the sun.

52000 now on my 2014 spark with dcfc. Just front tires and wipers so far. Still shows 78 miles on the GOM every morning. Zero issues and just as quick as ever. Is been a great little car. My wife has one to with 30000 miles.

I am almost at 112,000 miles. So far only the 12v battery and tires. Still get about 60 miles per charge at 3.8 miles per kwh. Dropped by 10 miles when I changed to non eco tires.

agdodgerfan said:
I am almost at 112,000 miles. So far only the 12v battery and tires. Still get about 60 miles per charge at 3.8 miles per kwh. Dropped by 10 miles when I changed to non eco tires.
That is great to hear !!
I'm at 64k miles and my 12V battery is doing fine. I gave it a capacity test last fall and I use a 'anti-sulfation' battery maintainer on it occasionally.
I think a battery's history has a lot to do with its life span. If it is left to self discharge for many months at a time, that can be hard on a battery.

Are you considering having the Drive Unit ATF changed? It was due at 97k miles.
I'm considering doing it myself this summer, at an earlier than spec'd mileage.

Bought new in April 2016, now with 41k as my daily commuter with about 40 miles driven each day. Slight capacity degradation; was getting ~16.5 kWh last year; now between 15-16 kWh.

Would like to keep it...but for how long? At what number of miles before no-one buys it?

zzzzzzzz said:
Bought new in April 2016, now with 41k as my daily commuter with about 40 miles driven each day. Slight capacity degradation; was getting ~16.5 kWh last year; now between 15-16 kWh.

Would like to keep it...but for how long? At what number of miles before no-one buys it?
The 2016 Spark EV HV battery is covered for 8 years, 100k miles or >40% battery degradation. The question is 40% of what? Assuming a new HV battery has a usable capacity of 18 kWh, the battery would have to degrade to a value lower than 10.8 kWh to qualify for replacement. Your best bet is to use TorquePro to measure the capacity of your HV battery. At 4 mi/kWh, 10.8 kWh would still give a maximum of 43 miles of range before calling the tow truck.

In the last 9 months, my 2016's HV battery has degraded 0.9 kWh. at this rate I should see 1.2 kWhs of degradation in 12 months. Assuming this is a linear degradation, that would give me 15.4 kWh in June 2019, 14.2 kWh in June 2020, 13 kWh in June 2021, 11.8 kWh in June 2022 and 10.6 kWh in June 2023. I purchased the car used in October 2017 but it was first registered in August 2016. So, my HV battery should be covered until August 2024 at which time I may only have 9.4 kWh left and the car could only be used for limited, local in-town short-trips. Hopefully, at that time I should qualify for replacement battery. If I do not qualify, I hope I can either purchase a new or rebuilt battery and put a new "Spark" in my Spark EV. If not - It will make one heck of a paper weight!! :lol:

50,000 miles, ~78 miles range. Specifically bought the Spark instead of the leaf because it has Thermal BMS

Back